Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gdsov Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2014, 08:11 PM
    Kitchen remodel labor cost/charge
    A realtor friend of a friend asked me to replace cabinets in a house she is listing. It is currently occupied by renters. The job has now grown to include cabinets, painting, appliances, flooring, minor framing and drywall, installing appliances, etc. I'm experienced in what I've listed, but when I was in construction I wasn't involved in the pricing of jobs. Can anyone give me some ballpark estimates to work with? I live in a suburb of Philadelphia.
    Room is 15x15 (225 sf). Cabinets will line 3 walls.

PREP
    1. I've redesigned the kitchen layout (not moving plumbing or gas, though) and ordered the materials. This took me at least 10 hours.

REMOVAL
    1. 13 cabinets.
    2. Countertop (L-shaped, about 8'x10'
    3. Old peel and stick tiles, the 1/4" plywood beneath it, and a 1/8" particle board beneath that… both layers of board have tons of staples and nails. This part is going to be a bear.
    4. Ceramic Tile backsplash. 2'x14'. I'll have to patch drywall to be painted
    5. Old ceiling fan
    6. I will also be disposing of everything, too.

INSTALLATION
    1. Snap together laminate floor.
    2. Stock cabinets from Home Depot. 1 pantry, 7 base, 8 wall. I'll add scribe, toekick, and 34 door/drawer pulls.
    3. Frame and drywall part of a soffit. 12"x12"x24"
    4. Dishwasher, gas range, microwave, garbage disposal (granite installers will install sink faucet and sink).
    5. Ceiling fan (replacing old one)
    6. Patch and paint room.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2014, 11:40 PM
    There is no way to tell since cabinets, appliances and flooring prices vary greatly. If you can't price it, get 3 estimates from qualified contractors. You will also need to upgrade to GFCI circuits if not already provided.
    Gdsov Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2014, 02:56 PM
    ma0641, I'm only looking for how much I should charge for LABOR. The cabinets are pre-assembled stock cabinets, the appliances are basic stuff from Home Depot, and the flooring is a snap together laminate floor.
    Any ideas on labor costs?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2014, 05:20 PM
    How long do you think it would take and what would your labor charge be per hour? Depending on experience and helpers, cash basis etc, maybe lead @$30/hr and helper @$15. $25-35 is about the going $$ per hour rate in the ATL area but I can get all kinds of help @$100 cash/day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumber cost for kitchen remodel [ 3 Answers ]

Just got a bill from the plumber my contractor uses and I'm suffering from sticker shock. I live in Boston, and I have grown used to paying higher prices. As far as I can tell, I was charged about twice the going rate. Looking for advice/experience on what a reasonable charge would be because...

Kitchen remodel [ 4 Answers ]

I remodeled my kitchen I bought a new light fixture for it in the ceiling there is a black,white and red all hooked together with a wire nut. Then there is a black, a white and a green up there as well. At the Switch there is only black and white the light comes on but you cannot turn it on or off...

Kitchen Remodel [ 9 Answers ]

Good day, I am remodeling my u-shaped kitchen and turning the sink/dishwasher wall into an island. The water lines run into the slab below but the drain pipe runs along the half wall all to the adjacent wall. I had already planned it needed to route electric to the island under the slab but no...

Kitchen remodel [ 5 Answers ]

We need to install our sink and the dishwasher, the existing drain pipe for this is currently blocking the dishwasher in the back. I need to know if I can change the drain from the current pipe into a 2 inch vent pipe. Tough question to ask and hard to describe. Any help would be wonderful.

Kitchen remodel [ 5 Answers ]

Am doing a kichen remodel and I have 100 watts panel with 3 spaces one for the range one for the refrigarator I want to install 12 outlet and 7 reses lighting is this enough circuts or I need to buy a sub panel.

View more questions Search