Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frenchielouise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2014, 04:50 PM
    I want to know who owned my house when it was built
    My house is built in 1930 I want to know who lived here before me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 29, 2014, 05:04 PM
    Contact your local Registrar of Deeds.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 29, 2014, 05:06 PM
    County records, maybe a file on area homes at the public library or local historical museum, neighbors who've lived there a long time, old phone books.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 29, 2014, 07:44 PM
    Depending on the area.

The property tax office, should show who was registered on that property at the time.

Also, some areas may have records of permits for building ( some have put them on microfilm or computer)

Also, your deed, should show who owned the property at the time of being built.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking to purchase house built in 1910 in so cal, house has 2 breaker panel [ 6 Answers ]

I like the house, it's a flip and its nicely done, but I noticed the electrical panel is super small. It only has two breakers.. I obviously would want to spend the money to get this upgraded to a new 200amp panel or 100... what problems could I be facing with this? What would the cost be to...

Who has owned my house? [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to find out who the previous owners of my home are. I have called the county clerks office and they tell me that I have to come in to the office and look up my name and house. I am out of state so that is not an option. Also, I'm looking for a free search. Thank you

Who has owned my house [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know the history of all the people that have owned the house that I am living in currently. There are spirits that keep bugging me and won't leave me alone. I had some ghost investigators come and they are analyzing the info they have on this house.

Land is owned by inlaw, House is owned by my husband [ 2 Answers ]

Land is owned by inlaw, House is owned by my husband whom I'm separated from. Landowner is harassing me and threatening eviction. (Landowner is walking around my yard, blocking my driveway, that has a right of way. Also threatening eviction based on my comings and goings and who I have over at my...

Want to know who owned my house before me [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I went to the assessors office and they gave me a short list of past owners. Then I went to the library and found more in the city directories. The assess. Office said the house was built in 1928 but the city directory said the first owners were not until the yr. 1930. Why would that be?...

View more questions Search