Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cowgirl5301 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2014, 05:48 AM
    Maggots on baby calves what can I spray to kill them
    We get maggots periodically on baby calves especially if they have scoured. In the past I have washed the area with warm soapy bleach water. Some one told me to spray turpentine to kill them?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 29, 2014, 06:48 AM
    Turpentine will kill the larvae, as well as the skin they're feeding on. A little soap and water, some hydrogen peroxide, and some spray on skin is what my vet recommended for a customer's horse.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 29, 2014, 07:19 AM
    Turpentine ! I sure hope not. As long as animals are near their own fecal matter, this will happen. A good hosing down will work well. This usually happens when manure piles are kept too near them, even though mostly organic, flies are not fussy.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 29, 2014, 01:48 PM
    Turpentine? NO! Just no! Not a good idea at all.

In order to avoid maggots, keep the area where the calves are living, clean. Remove fecal matter daily, and dispose of it properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shaped calves vs. Building calves? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. Basically I have got into fitness over the last 3 months. Now I am focusing on my calves and legs. I am trying to achieve more shapely calves and am currently doing lunges, squats and calf raises, 20 each legs for 5 - 6 sets(calf raises). I would like to see results in no less than 6 motnhs. I...

Insect spray that is safe around wells and septic tanks. The insect look like maggots [ 1 Answers ]

My sister has small white insects around the base of her house that look like maggots. She has a septic tank and well and I'm afraid I don't know what best to use to kill them, Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My 10 years old son wants to kill my unborn baby. [ 1 Answers ]

I am now 29 weeks pregnant with my second child,my first child is 10 years old.When he knew that another baby is coming to our family,he has become depressed,he thinks none will love him anymore.Me and my husband ensured him that we will love him the same,but he didn't understand.He now wants to...

How to kill baby maple trees [ 13 Answers ]

I don't know how, but tiny maple trees spring up in my yard. (We have maples in the yard) I try and pull up as many as possible as soon as I see them, but some of the roots are so stubborn I can't pull them. Also my neighbors have let several of these trees grow to two feet tall between our...

Maggots In Canine Wound - How to kill [ 20 Answers ]

I have an older dog who recently received a small bite wound. This happened a few days ago and it seemed fine until this morning. He is an outside dog. The wound was covered with small white worms apparently maggots and I mean covered. The area is also now swollen. I took a hose and power washed...

View more questions Search