Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ravensdale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2014, 04:40 PM
    Birth mother
    My birth name - Lesley {personal info removed}. I have no other info, and do not know how to proceed.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2014, 04:54 PM
    Adoption records may be sealed. Start with the birth hospital
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 28, 2014, 05:06 PM
    It is not a good idea to post personal info online. Some places yes. The first place to try is the agency that handled the adoption. If you don't know that, then check with agencies in the town of your birthplace. The next thing to try is registering with sites that try to reunite adoptees and their birth families.

But be aware that your birth mother may not want to be found.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2014, 06:13 PM
    Have you spoken to your parents and asked to see a copy of the adoption paper work, they received from the court, when they adopted you.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 29, 2014, 06:22 AM
    How old are you? When did your adoption take place?

Have you tried reunion websites? You can join them with very little information.

Do you have a way to get more information? Adoptive parents or other family members that can get you hospital, adoption agency, city born in, etc?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth mother don't want her name on birth certificate can she put her mother on [ 1 Answers ]

OK my daughter is pregnant she is 16 but she don't want to get an abortion or give it to a stranger she want to give it to me her mom... OK can she put me on birth certificate as soon as the baby is born she don't want her name on it.

Looking for my birth mother. All I have is my birth name. [ 9 Answers ]

Looking for my birth mother all I have is the name she gave me which was Lynette Lewis.

Birth mother [ 2 Answers ]

I know where I was born. November 12th 1960 at St. Joesph's Hospital in Hamilton Ontario, Canada. I know my name given at birth was Gregory Allen Semenuk. Is there anyway to find out who my birth mother was? I'm not sure if she wants to even know who I am but if she did I would hate for her to go...

Looking for birth mother [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 21 years old and am trying to find my birth mother I was no t adopted I grew up with my farther and step mother I have tried all the normal ways of looking for her like Facebook, whitepages, etc the only information I have on her is what is on my birth certificate can some one please give me...

Can a minor birth mother's parents relinquish rights to the birth father? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, Here's the situation: the soon-to-be birth mother is 16, still living with her parents and attending school. The birth father is 18, still lives with his parents but has a job and is generally responsible. The parents of the birth mother want her to put the baby up for adoption and move on...

View more questions Search