Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackowens Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2014, 08:16 AM
    Illuminated switch needed
    Dear Friends,

I have a fan to cool my TV but I have a tendency to forget that it's on when I turn off the TV. What I need is an illuminated switch so that it is more easily noted that the fan is on.

I plug the fan into the female side of the switch, with the male side of the switch plugging into an extension cord from a wall-socket. That way, after turning off the TV, I'll notice that the fan is on more easily.

Where can I get a switch that fits that description?

Regards,

John P. Owens
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2014, 08:46 AM
    Home Depot and Lowe's have them "Illuminated rocker switch"
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 27, 2014, 09:07 AM
    What type of TV do you have that would require external forced air cooling?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2014, 01:05 PM
    Or if the cooling is really necessary, use a timer switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Add a illuminated on/off switch to my power supply [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Inteli power 9100 that I use as a 12vdc power supply. I want to add a lighted on/off switch. The switch is a Eaton lighted rocker with 3 lugs (15 A 125vac / 10A 250vac ) the lugs are marked 1,2 & 3, The power coming into the case has a black, white & green. Can you tell me how to wire...

Wiring illuminated DPST rocker switch to Power Supply [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! First time "asker"! I have recently built a device for medical use, so electrical safety for the patient is of upmost importance. I currently use a medical grade switching Power Supply +/- 15VDC (IPD, model SRP-25-2005). An AC inlet, IEC 320, brings Line and Neutral power to a medical...

Illuminated ight switches [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to figure out how much electricity is used by the rocker illuminted light switch? We have around 20 of them in our home and I just can't believe they are real efficient. Thanks

Wiring an illuminated rocker switch [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'd like to wire an illuminated rocker switch as an "on-off" switch for my AT power supply. The original switch had 4 wires to it, white, blue, brown, black. I had to bypass the old switch by looping the 4 wires in pairs, ergo,. hooked white to blue, then brown to black in order for the...

3-Way Light Switch Illuminated Toggle Question [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Here's my dilemma. I have an outdoor flood light that is outside of the garage and has both a 3-way switch in the garage and in the house. Since I put in those windowless garage doors, I can't see whether the flood light is on or off, and many a night someone leaves the light on all night....

View more questions Search