Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 29, 2007, 06:09 AM
    I am sure you can relate to where she needs to find herself. So let her do it. As you have a life then move on with it, and leave her alone. Look out for your own happiness because she is looking for hers and there is no way to tell what she will decide. So let her call you when she is ready, and make sure your doing your own thing. Why wait on maybe??
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2007, 06:12 AM
    You do nothing.

You move on.

Maybe one day she will be ready or maybe not. It is not your problem now.

What you need to do is leave her alone and move on.

Like Tal said, do not wait on a maybe. That is not living your own life.

Joe
    Righthearted Posts: 143, Reputation: 4

Apr 29, 2007, 07:05 AM
    We go to the same church, should I stop going? And if I am her best friend - which she says I am is it wrong to just leave her alone? Shouldn't I "fight" for our love?

It's so hard to know what to do, especially when your heart does the thinking.
    Thanks for the advice.

Apr 29, 2007, 07:10 AM
    How do push the one and only best-friend you have away, especially when you know that person has been your rock and that you can always rely/depend on them?
    Expert

Apr 29, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Righthearted]We go to the same church, should I stop going? And if I am her best friend - which she says I am is it wrong to just leave her alone? Shouldn't I "fight" for our love?
    She is confused so you can't take what she says as absolute, and no contact does not mean not being sociable. You can be nice and be brief. Also read the other threads to know what happens when you fight for your love. It always pushes them further away and your left more confused, and even more heartbroken.

It's so hard to know what to do, especially when your heart does the thinking.
    Thanks for the advice
    That's the whole point of NO CONTACT, it allows you to get over the emotional trauma of a break up, and get healthy so you can make decisions based on the facts, and not the feelings. Yes this is a hard period in your life, so get healthy, and build a life that you enjoy without her. Its the process of healing, and as you get healthy you will feel better, and deal with things on a better level.
    Expert

Apr 29, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Righthearted
    How do push the one and only best-friend you have away, especially when you know that person has been your rock and that you can always rely/depend on them?
    Not how, but why. She is confused, and not focused on you or your feelings. The only thing she cares about is how she feels right now. This is something you must accept.

Apr 29, 2007, 01:17 PM
    "I feel like this is the best thing for us right now. Daniel and I had some problems in our relationship and I honestly just could not see us moving forward together. It was a really hard decision to make and I truly feel like I lost my best friend, but at the same time I feel a sense of freedom now. Daniel was such a big part of my life. He was all I knew. I am going through a huge transition now that I am done with school. I am trying to figure out what I want to do and who I want to be and I just feel like I need to do that for me before I can settle down with someone else. Daniel has 14 years of life experience that I don't have which I think he forgot sometimes. I just feel like I need some me time. In college I had a plan and now that I am out of college and things aren't going quite as planned I feel a little lost. I told Daniel I needed space, and it was really hard for him to hear. I care about him so much and I never meant to hurt him. I do need time to be my own person though."
    What do I do?! Should I contact her in a couple weeks or wait for her to contact me.
    Expert

Apr 29, 2007, 03:43 PM
    You should maintain no contact and let yourself heal. I assume this is a lette she wrote you??
    I do need time to be my own person though."
    What part of no contact has you confused here?
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    You do nothing.

You move on.

Maybe one day she will be ready or maybe not. It is not your problem now.

What you need to do is leave her alone and move on.

Like Tal said, do not wait on a maybe. That is not living your own life.

Joe
    Some people do not get it when they read it the first time, so here is it again.
    sypher373 Posts: 360, Reputation: 38

Apr 29, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Righthearted
    What do I do?!? Should I contact her in a couple weeks or wait for her to contact me.
    Neither...

Move on, get busy with yourself.

Its okay to think about her calling you in the future, but certainly do not wait for her to do so. You said yourself, and so did she, she wants space, and she wants 'me' time. Calling her and talking to her isn't exactly giving her what she asked of you.

Your best option is to move on, as hard as it may be. We all know how difficult it is, but it is necessary, and is most certainly possible. The best thing you can do for yourself, and for her, is to give her what she asks. Give her all the space she needs.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Apr 29, 2007, 04:29 PM
    She wants time on her own and realises that she wants to meet someone new and begin another life with someone her age. My Ex was 22 with her 3 years she said exactly the same thing. They decide they are at a certain stage in there life and they were relying on you to be there during the tough times but well you were a bit used sorry to say. Im 28 my girlfriend loved me completely and was thinkiong how we could be together but just decided and said she need to be on her own. The simple factvis your girl has realised its time for her to be her own person and that means not include you. Sorry to say but she's gone now and won't be back. The girls need time and well she pretty much wants to start fressh new job new guy new life. Sorry for the heartbreak I'm still in denial and my heart is broken but she wants to have her own life. I have also heard that line of you have so much life experience and I don't yet I got fed that as well its just a load of crap. Don't believe much of what she says one of the simplest reasons is she is not in love with you. Sorry to say it but she just doesn't feel it cause if she did she wouldn't be dumping you...

Apr 29, 2007, 06:07 PM
    We didn't really have tough times and I don't think I was used- she was the one from the beginning that really moved quickly. And our problems were mostly my lack of opening up to her and my secretive nature (not wanting to burden her with my problems)- but I told her that I would work on it.

She said she felt she was losing her best friend, and I want to be there for her as her friend, specifically because she has no friends.

Apr 29, 2007, 06:13 PM
    This is my last email -
    Kari,
    You truly are the most amazing person I have ever met, you have a huge
    Heart and you have such a capacity for love. Your inner strength and
    Your strong willed attitude shines through in so much that you do.
    It's what made me fall in love with you and it's why I will always
    Cherish the time we spent together.

I know you said that you aren't IN love with me and that you have to
    Work on things for yourself - by yourself and I understand that. I
    Want so much for you to be happy- that's all I ever wanted. I just
    Wish that it was something that we could get through and work on
    Together. I also wish that I had opened up to you more than I did, you
    Know me so well-more than anyone else in the world, and if you felt
    Like I wasn't open about something in the past you should have just
    Smacked me upside the head and told me, that's what I really needed -
    But I guess you already knew that. I read an email that you wrote me
    Back in Feb' 06 about trusting you and being open I should have taken
    That more to heart. I would do anything now to make things right
    Between us - I'd even sing to you at the top of my lungs if you can
    Believe that.

Well, I don't know what else to say right now - I do know that you are
    My best friend and even though I have lost your love I want you to
    Know that you can always count on me- for anything.

I will always love you and will always be there for you,

Dan ~
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Apr 29, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Do nothing disappear. Don't answer any calls don't send any texts DO NOTHINGGGG!!

Be the mystery Man and vanish, people can't believe when your gone, if she really likes you she will call and if not you can call in a couple of weeks if you want and be the fun guy nothing serious, just say hay what you up too...

She will most likely text or do something just don't be there for her, id say urve been smothering her lately and been all over her women hate that. Give her space and let her miss you...

Apr 29, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Do you folks think that flowers would be out of the question in a couple of weeks - just to say hi. Not roses, just something Springy.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2007, 12:14 AM
    OMG, you do not get it.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2007, 02:17 AM
    She's made her choice. That choice is without you. Concentrate on you! Your friends, family and life. Its not your problem anymore, she needs to develop as a person, find new friends expand her life, see what is out there.

I feel like that right now - I am 21. I want to see the world, see what life is all about, to meet new people etc. At 35 years old it's a bit to 'late' to be worrying what a 22 year old girl wants, she's young, wants a life, not dedication and commitment. You need to find what you want with someone else, I am sure there are plenty of others out there. Time will heal you and who knows you may become good friends again. Abide by NC and face up to the cold hard facts.

Apr 30, 2007, 04:24 AM
    I get your point, but why can't I be there for her.

Do you believe in - if you love someone set them free, if they come back it was meant to be.
    Expert

Apr 30, 2007, 04:43 AM
    Righthearted]I get your point, but why can't I be there for her.
    Did she ask you to be? Your to eager to be there because you think she will take you back, and that is a dangerous notion, as your not giving her the space she needs, and you need to leave her completely alone until you can accept that you need a life without her. You must let go and move on.

Do you believe in - if you love someone set them free, if they come back it was meant to be

So set her free and leave her alone, or for sure she will get tired of you pestering her. If she comes back it must be on her own, so set her free already.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2007, 04:59 AM
    Spread rep again tali :(

Right hearted at the age of 35 surely you have learnt from life already? Maybe not. She's 22 common get a grip. As tali said she would have asked if she wanted you to be there for her and she will contact you if she needs you. She has split up with you for a reason, its hard but you will get through it. This may help you:

Read over the board and read past questions and advice! If she says she doesn't want you then:

Its time to accept the harsh truth and start the transition to single life. Its hard but whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger right? More wary in the future and aware what we are looking for in a relationship and a person.

Treat your relationship as a life experience, you might not be able to treasure the memories you had right now but one day you will. Do not regret but learn and move on, as someone much better is just around the next corner.

You must try follow these: (be strong)

1) Abide by no contact, ignorance is bliss so don't go near the 'grape vine'
    2) Work on yourself entirely - hobbies, work, gym
    3) Ever wanted to do something in your life? Nows the time
    4) Spend more time with your friends and family and renew old social ties
    5) Box every memory away and stay away from your fav songs for now - when you can look at it without feeling ill - Ur halfway there!
    6) Time does heal :P It just takes a god dam while, but don't mope at home, go out, party, exercise - helps a hell of a lot

You don't need anyone to be happy.

The best revenge is to be happy yourself :]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants a break/space and doesn't know why. [ 174 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my girlfriend for 1.5 yrs. Everything was great for over a yr. its been about 1.5 months now she's hasent been acting herself. We had some fights and stuff, but we never fought before so its only normal. Anyway, 2 weeks ago she came out of now where saying she wants to break up...

Girlfriend Wants Space.. . Help [ 75 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been with each for on an off 2 an half years. We spend a lot of time with each other and share lots of things in common, our relationship bar a few issues was extremely healthy, we both love each other, care for each other, both faithful and have lots of laughs, she's my...

I need help... my girlfriend of a 1 1/2 yr. Says she needs her space [ 9 Answers ]

Well let me start by saying that we have been together now for a year and a half and we both love each other very much. But she went to a concert just a week ago and got drunk and kissed another guy at the bar. And I know for a fact that's all that happened!! But I don't know if she was going to...

Girlfriend wants space [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. I moved out of my apartment to move in with her. She has a special needs child and I have done everything I can to be an excellent parent for him. She has been alone for 7 years now and he has never had a father figure around. But we got...

Girlfriend wants space [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. I moved out of my apartment to move in with her. She has a special needs child and I have done everything I can to be an excellent parent for him. She has been alone for 7 years now and he has never had a father figure around. But we got...

View more questions Search