Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by huno
    First off, there is more than one perfect person for everyone. Out of the millions in the world, you really think there's exactly one who fits her perfectly? Of course not. She'll meet lots of guys in her life who will be just as good for her as you are, if not better.

And the same goes for you. Move on, knowing that you can do better. It will take time, and you won't always meet someone you like as much as you liked her, but I guarantee there are girls within your grasp that you can be with that will appreciate your stability, your devotion, and your personality that you will like just as much as she.

Like I said, she needs to learn on her own that she doesn't know what a good guy is. You can't just tell her she's missing out on something good: she needs to experience pain and failure for herself. Let her f*k around with idiots for a while. Let her get cheated on, dumped and left for other, lesser women. Life needs to bite her in the a$$ before she gets it. It's the only way she'll learn, if she's capable of learning at all. Harsh, but true.
    I love this! I would have repped you but need to spread! She needs to have some sh*t, definitely.

No flowers, no calls! Just go out with friends, do anything to keep busy, if you sit at home alone = bad!!
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Dude, she is playing you... Don't let her hurt you... You should be thankful she is gone. Now you can be free and do amazing things. To be honest you will find another girl and you will fall in love again... There is always more out there... My ex dumped me and she is hott and amazing, well you can get her. There is always more out there... Dont beat yourself on this one. This is what I do... I acknowledge she is gone and tell myself I feel this way because this is my first relationship and breakup so of course I am going to feel this way. I let myself feel the pain while knowing it's normal and just a process of life and nothing to be taken all too serious. I learned that through this site. Just take it day by day and forget the flowers... Heck, send flowers to somebody else who will appreciate them. It's over my friend. If she doesn't care, then why should you. You are better than that. Be happy without her. I know it's so hard to see right now, but you have something so much better coming my friend! But not if you stay stuck on "Mrs. I Don't Want You". When you have moved on in about 2 more months annd you are with someone else, then it will kill her and you won't even care. Good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 14, 2007, 08:39 AM
    The simple fact that she hasn't returned my calls since Monday or Tuesday afternoon is really mind-boggling. Thoughts??
    There you go again, wondering about her feelings and motivations, and being confused. You could be more effective and productive, and less confused if you focused on you. Her feelings and motivations are irrelevant to you, because you are no longer the focus of her affections. Why waste time on her??
    Righthearted Posts: 143, Reputation: 4

Jun 14, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. I am in NC day 2 - what should I do about the wedding in July- leave a message with her and ask her what her intentions are? Or just wait and see what happens.

On the card that I sent her with the flowers all it said was - Just thinking of you, My Name

I know what my feelings are and I am focusing more on me, and I'm not wasting my time on her, but I don't like not knowing things, I'm sure a lot of people can relate. That's why I'm asking people here what they think about where her heads at.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 11:08 AM
    We don't care where her head is at. You are more important to us. Where is your head at? That's the question. We are sure that you can do this. As long as your head is fine, she might as well be giving it... We give 2 rats A--! Hope you are doing good! Let her contact you about the wedding... Live free and carefree, especially upon a relationship that doesn't exist!
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Jun 14, 2007, 11:08 AM
    u're driving everyone here nuts with same queries over and over... phew! And now I know why she's isn't contacting you. You seem to be obsessed with her.. and that must driven her away.. When you're not with her, then you're acting like this, imagine what you had done while you were with her... now I know... I guess you know what went wrong.. and I know it too... it's futile writing same answers... nothing's going to get into your head... good luck!

Jun 14, 2007, 11:17 AM
    You're right I may be obsessing over her now, but that's definitely not what drove her away. She was always the one attached at my hip when we were together, now that she's not with me anymore it's tough to handle. And I'm not contacting her, it's up to her now.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by huno
    First off, there is more than one perfect person for everyone. Out of the millions in the world, you really think there's exactly one who fits her perfectly? Of course not. She'll meet lots of guys in her life who will be just as good for her as you are, if not better.

And the same goes for you. Move on, knowing that you can do better. It will take time, and you won't always meet someone you like as much as you liked her, but I guarantee there are girls within your grasp that you can be with that will appreciate your stability, your devotion, and your personality that you will like just as much as she.

Like I said, she needs to learn on her own that she doesn't know what a good guy is. You can't just tell her she's missing out on something good: she needs to experience pain and failure for herself. Let her f*k around with idiots for a while. Let her get cheated on, dumped and left for other, lesser women. Life needs to bite her in the a$$ before she gets it. It's the only way she'll learn, if she's capable of learning at all. Harsh, but true.
    I know Jiser has already highlighted this post but it really is quite true. Don't fool yourself into thinking that she can't do better than you, don't punish yourself by saying she can. The fact is that there are many good guys and many bad guys out there although I am not sure what percentage of each there are.

This does not matter, she has her own lessons to learn, her own mistakes to make. This is actually nothing to do with how you move forward. So you need to stop thinking about her motivations for doing things and start thinking about you only. Its not selfish, not at all, its actually a mature thing to stand up and say, I am worth more than this, I am going to let go and prove to myself that I can find a life without the ex which is what you should have anyway.

I don't think you will think or feel this way forever. The best thing for you to do right now is to keep busy doing the things you like to do and if you don't have anything or you have lost it somehow, start something, refocus your energy somewhere else. I don't mean refocus onto another woman but something that will draw your mind away from this obsessive (if you can forgive the reference) way of thinking.

I think you are obsessing because:

A.) You are hurting

B.) You (possibly) have nothing else to occupy your mind

The first one will fade during the natural course of time, the second you can do something about.

So make this positive step today, tomorrow, whenever but the sooner the better otherwise you will forever be stuck in a state of limbo and that's not a nice place to put yourself.
    Nakamichi Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2007, 11:33 AM
    I think you don't need to ask the question on what you should do about the wedding in July. Just go and celebrate your friend's wedding! Be yourself, meet some nice girls out there, just open up yourself.

As for the flowers and the card, u said you had your name on it, so she knew you were the one who sent it. Not getting back to you? Then just leave it up to her, you've done all you can do and no one can ever read other people's mind. Just let it be.

Jun 18, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Still Confused But Moving On
    Let me just preface this by saying I am moving on, slowly but surely- but I am moving on.

Last Sunday my EX and I talked and she told me that she couldn't tell me what I wanted to hear (us getting back together). So she kind of left my house in a bad way, saying we weren't accomplishing anything talking. I also should say that the previous night (Saturday) I asked her if she wanted to get together and do something and she said she was kind of tired from work but would call me and let me know. She never called me and when I asked her what she did, she said that she ended up watching a movie with someone who's quite a distance. Anyway the next day Monday, I picked up coffee and brought it to her house but she was in the shower so I left it with her sister. She called me later that afternoon and left a message letting me know she was in the shower when I stopped by. I didn't call her back, I felt bad the way Sunday night ended so I sent her flowers to her work - she never called me back and didn't all week. So Friday morning I left a message with her telling her that I understand that it might be difficult for her to call me back and if she wanted to she knew where to find me. I can't figure out why she won't even return my calls/messages. She's avoiding the situation and it will only make it that much more awkward because we've got the wedding in a few weeks. I'm in the wedding party and will have a good time but at the same time I don't want people to be mean/rude to her. My friends wife already has asked not to be seated at the same table with her. I'm torn by what's going on- I asked the bride to be seated with my EX and if it's possible to have one of my best friends sit with us, but I don't think she's going to sit him with us. I still love my EX, but my friends are being negative about the situation.

Girls out there why won't she at least have the decency to call me back?
    ceeceesworld Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Jun 18, 2007, 06:54 AM
    She probably doesn't even know how to react to things herself and she may be trying to sort things out in her own head. My advice is to let her be. I know you still care, but don't send flowers, stop by, or call. Let her be. You've let her know you are still there, so if she wants to talk to you, she will. But don't sit there waiting.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 10:42 AM
    She ditched you for someone who is quite a distance? Who would that be?

Jun 18, 2007, 10:50 AM
    She's been casually going out on dates meeting new people - this is one of them. Now that she won't even return my calls I have no idea where we stand, I just want some closure. And no I'm not calling/texting her. Could she not be calling me back responding to me because she doesn't want to hurt me while all this is going on?
    Sdjosh Posts: 215, Reputation: 41

Jun 18, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Righthearted
    She's been casually going out on dates meeting new people - this is one of them. Now that she won't even return my calls I have no idea where we stand, I just want some closure. And no I'm not calling/texting her. Could she not be calling me back responding to me because she doesn't want to hurt me while all this is going on?

Sounds like you have your closure. She is going on casual dates... and she doesn't contact you. Give it closure. Do the same. Move on... she is. Save yourself the heart ache and don't wait around for her to bring closure. She already gave you her answer. She just didn't say it right out. But her actions speak louder than her words.

Now is the time to work on yourself. Don't contact her... don't email... call... text... write... send flowers... cards... gifts... use telepathy... whatever. You are just going to drag out your healing longer.

Focus on you... Hobbies... friends... Go to the gym. Keep yourself busy. Heal. That is the best thing you can do.

Jun 18, 2007, 12:45 PM
    I feel like I deserve better than to have her just completely drop off like she has. Yes she's avoiding contacting me now, but what will she do in a month when we're supposed to be at the same wedding together. She wanted to be my date even though we had already broken up.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 01:21 PM
    She is dating others. Doesn't that hurt you. She probably kissed them or worse and yo will never know... You still want her back? I know what you are going through. Believe me. But I know my ex was talking to someone, and that helps me move on... Not want her more!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2007, 03:56 PM
    If they paid you to be miserable and confused you would be rich beyond your wilddest dreams. Cancel the wedding date, and leave her alone. No contact. See, no confusion with that suggestion.
    Stunning07 Posts: 193, Reputation: 25

Jun 18, 2007, 08:39 PM
    The best thing for you to do is! Show her your busy forget about those flowers and coffee you do that when your w/ her she's your ex... show her your way to busy to be doing all this stuff... and your happy w/out her.. its real attractive when she will find that out...

Also her calls: don't be convienent!! Your trying to get her back.. her knowing your already on her case will make her play games w./ you... if she calls you miss that call... you already know she prob won't call back.. but you do know she will call back one day... pick up.. make it short... hang up... limit all your talking for awhile give her the chance to miss you and you should show her that your happy... 2 can play that game...

Jun 19, 2007, 12:47 PM
    She Won't Return My Calls
    My EX won't return my calls (only a couple times) she just stopped taking my calls all together, I would never do this to her and she even left me a message once about having the decency to call her and tell her that I didn't want to talk to her after I didn't take her calls for a couple of days.

Is it her way of dealing (not) with the break up? I was thinking of writing her an email asking her about it. Any suggestions?
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Jun 19, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Forget her, leave her alone, I was in your boat and it was making me worse.

Let go and get busy, find something to take your mind of her and if she cares then she will contact you my friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants a break/space and doesn't know why. [ 174 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my girlfriend for 1.5 yrs. Everything was great for over a yr. its been about 1.5 months now she's hasent been acting herself. We had some fights and stuff, but we never fought before so its only normal. Anyway, 2 weeks ago she came out of now where saying she wants to break up...

Girlfriend Wants Space.. . Help [ 75 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been with each for on an off 2 an half years. We spend a lot of time with each other and share lots of things in common, our relationship bar a few issues was extremely healthy, we both love each other, care for each other, both faithful and have lots of laughs, she's my...

I need help... my girlfriend of a 1 1/2 yr. Says she needs her space [ 9 Answers ]

Well let me start by saying that we have been together now for a year and a half and we both love each other very much. But she went to a concert just a week ago and got drunk and kissed another guy at the bar. And I know for a fact that's all that happened!! But I don't know if she was going to...

Girlfriend wants space [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. I moved out of my apartment to move in with her. She has a special needs child and I have done everything I can to be an excellent parent for him. She has been alone for 7 years now and he has never had a father figure around. But we got...

Girlfriend wants space [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. I moved out of my apartment to move in with her. She has a special needs child and I have done everything I can to be an excellent parent for him. She has been alone for 7 years now and he has never had a father figure around. But we got...

View more questions Search