Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gabz876 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2014, 01:50 PM
    In an experiment with a simple pendulum a student recorded 10 complete oscillations I
    In an experiment with a simple pendulum a student recorded 10 complete oscillations in 25 seconds. The effective length of the pendulum is a)10 b)25 c)2.5 d)0.4
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2014, 02:00 PM
    So what have you determined? We will help but not do your homework. How do you determine pendulum length?

Length:

T= period, L = length, g= acceleration of gravity
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 26, 2014, 02:01 PM
    None of the above.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Simple Pendulum [ 1 Answers ]

A pendulum is oscillating with small amplitude when its string is slowly started to be pulled thus decreasing the pendulum length, but at a vanishingly small rate. By what factor does the amplitude change when the string becomes half of its original length?

Oscillations; Simple Harmonic Motion [ 6 Answers ]

I'm having trouble understanding that question. And as such, cannot answer it: Qu: A point moves with S.H.M. along an x-axis according to the equation: \frac{d^2x}{dt^2} + Ax = 0 The period of this motion is: A. \frac{\sqrt A}{2\pi}

Simple Pendulum [ 12 Answers ]

Does anyone knows an answer for this question? 1. Suggest the conditions required for a pendulum to swing continuously. 2. If a pendulum is made to swing in water, compare the time taken for this pendulum to come to a complete stop with the time taken by a pendulum swinging in air. Explain...

Simple pendulum [ 1 Answers ]

How long must a simple pendulum be if it is to make eactly one swing per second? (that is one complete vibration takes exatly 2.0s)

Oscillations - velocity of simple harmonic motion [ 3 Answers ]

Sir / Madam I have adoubt in the folwing section of finding the velocity of a Simple Harmonic Motion (SHM)... I have encircled the place of doubt I have attached a picture file my doubt is how to get a w cos wt from d (a sin...

View more questions Search