Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    burgess87 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2014, 02:21 AM
    Ball in an inclined plane
    Help me to understand the my physics homework

Suppose if a ball is rolling down in an inclined plane, what happens to the normal force acting on it? How to understand the Normal force in this situation

Please explain

Thanks
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 26, 2014, 05:15 AM
    The "normal force" is the force that keeps the ball from falling through the surface of the ramp - it is perpendicular to the surface of the ramp, and has a value equal to the ball's weight times the cosine of the angle of the ramp to the horizontal.
    burgess87 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2014, 04:56 AM
    Thanks for your answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ta ball is released from rest and rolls down an inclined plane, requiring 4s to cover [ 1 Answers ]

How many cm would it have fallen vertically in the same time?

A body slding on a smooth inclined plane takes 4sec to reach the bottom, starting fro [ 0 Answers ]

A body slding on a smooth inclined plane takes 4sec to reach the bottom, starting from rest at the top. How much time does it take to cover 1/4th dist from the top?

When you are given an inclined plane must the degree be given ? [ 1 Answers ]

Must the angle from the ground to the inclined plane be given to you as part of the question ?

Inclined plane [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know how to calculate force transferred from the perpendicular to horizontal assuming zero friction. Example: 10 pounds of verticle force applied to a 30 degree plane will move the plane horizontally with how much force? Or to put it another way, how much force is lost in the example, and...

View more questions Search