Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2014, 01:00 AM
    Visa to US
    My lovely girlfriend "Ella" and I will be getting married soon. We want to visit my family in America. (United States) She is Chinese and already has her passport.

What is the best visa for her to get.
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Jun 26, 2014, 11:49 AM
    What is her purposes in coming to the U.S. (visiting? Immigrating?) What is your status?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2014, 07:35 PM
    just visiting,
    I am living in China on a Z visa, with a residence permit. with no real plans on returning except for holiday.
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Jun 26, 2014, 07:49 PM
    For visiting, tourist visa (B2 or B1/B2) is appropriate. However, if you are a U.S. citizen, and she is married to you (or maybe even if they find out you're her boyfriend), there's a good chance of denial for immigrant intent. If that happens, the only other way for her to get to the U.S. is to apply for a green card.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file tax for newly married H1B visa holder and wife on H4 visa [ 1 Answers ]

I'm working in US for the past 3 years and I got married on OCT 19 in India. My wife came here on March in H4 Visa. Please help me in filing tax for H1 visa jointly with my wife.

Husband on H1B visa, Wife on F1 visa- Can we file jointly using form 1040 EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am on an H1B visa and my wife is on an F1 visa. We got married in Dec 2007. I was wondering whether I could file form 1040EZ using the Married Filing Jointly status? Thanks a lot in advance

Spouse f2 visa travel to usa while husband change of status from f1 to H1B visa? [ 1 Answers ]

I was on F1 Visa and my wife holds valid F2 dependent visa. But now my status changed from F1 to H1B. My question is, Can my wife who is currently in India travel on her valid F2 dependent visa or she is required to get the H4 visa to travel back to USA.

Company filed H1B visa for me and planning to fly,what about dependent VISA process [ 1 Answers ]

Company filed H1B visa for me. After that I got married and now planning to send to U.S.. What about the process of dependent visa can any one explain this is 1st time I am to U.S. 1) What are the precautions I need to take? 2) For dependent how much percentage they will deduct as tax?

Change from B2 visa to F1 visa then to J1 or H1 visa for residency [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guide me I m n US on B1/ B2 visa for USMLE xm.instaed of going back to india & coming again for hospital interview( more costly )... should I change visa status B2 to F1 ? Afterwords for MD medicine I hv to take J1 or H1 visa.. so how this B2 to F1 change will affect J1 or H1...

View more questions Search