Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lee1234567 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2014, 05:14 PM
    What causes toilet bowl to overflow on one flush and the next it flushes ?
    While troublshooting ,back to back flushes , will flush one time, next it overflows , I have checked for a blockage in my main line ( none found )
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 26, 2014, 05:30 AM
    will flush one time, next it overflows , I have checked for a blockage in my main line ( none found )
    sure sounds like a partial blockage to me. First flush goes down and begins to build up and the second flush hits the first flush and backs up. The only thing that would cause this is a partial blockage. The solution would be to pull the toilet and snake the drain line. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flush: When I flush the toilet the water does not wash all around the bowl. [ 10 Answers ]

Toilet flush: When I flush the toilet the water does not wash all around the bowl. There is always a section at the front that doesn't get washed. I have tried pushing the end of a wire coat hanger around the rim, and I have used copious amounts of cleaner. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Toilet problem - bowl water disappears and then flushes itself [ 1 Answers ]

We have 2 toilets in the house where the bowl water seems to slowly drain out over 10-30 minutes, and then the toilet flushes itself. Any help would be much appreciated !

My toilet flushes and fills up the bowl and then slowly drains the water. [ 4 Answers ]

Flushes great just will not hold water in the bowl after flushing.

Toilet flushes 3 times per flush [ 6 Answers ]

I have a toilet that flushes not once, but three, sometimes four flushes per pull of the lever. Neither strong enough to push any volume down. Every flush is the same. The water eventually goes down with no problem. There is nothing plugging the system. I cleaned out all the water ports on the...

View more questions Search