Jun 25, 2014, 04:04 AM
    Calculating absorbed power by Agitator Shaft
    I have with me an existing Agitator details of which are as below

Motor= 2.2KW/ 3 HP, 1440 Rpm
    Gear Reducer = ratio 40/1
    Agitator Shaft RPM= 36
    Agitator Shaft dimension
    Length = 2500mm round bar , SS 304
    Blades = 5 nos, 100 mm wide, 5 mm thick, dia = 2200 mm, at a distance of 400mm each, ss 304
    weight of the agitator shaft & impeller assembly = approx 177 lbs
    Purpose of agitation : Alum tank agitator
    density ~ 1.3 - 1.4

Now I need the one more exact assembly to increase the capacity of my Plant, however I have no clue how to derive the absorbed power at the agitator shaft or the torque requirement to drive the agitator shaft. I have basic knowledge of gear reducer selection for which I need to calculate the absorbed power.

Can someone please suggest how to do that.
    Also is it possible to directly select the Gear reducer based on the motor input KW ? If so then how ?

Thanks in advance.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculating efficiency of a full bridge inverter for different input power [ 0 Answers ]

For a full bridge inverter with an input voltage of 400 V, load resistance of 30 ohm how to calculate efficiency at different input powers

How to find power n torque for rotating a shaft? [ 1 Answers ]

HERE IS MY SITUATION. A shaft supposed to rotate a circular disc of mass 30 kg.it will rest for every 3 sec in a position and rotate for 60 deg within a sec r so.this process will go on and on. How to find the power and torque needed to rotate that shaft? If I'm using a electrical drive like...

Power transmitted by a hollow circular shaft [ 0 Answers ]

Calculate the power transmitted by a hollow circular shaft with external diameter of 250 mm when rotating at 100 rpm. If the maximum shear stress us 60 MN per square meter and J= 220X 10^6 mm^4.

How can we run shaft without giving power [ 0 Answers ]

I want to send iron by throwing with megnat

Calculating power consumption [ 4 Answers ]

Hmm.. not sure whether I posted this in the right place, but I would like to ask. How do you calculate the power consumption for electrical appliances. Please try to explain as simple as possible, cause I am not that good with the terms used =X

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.