Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ilovemychildren Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2014, 08:45 PM
    Pool railings rusting
    I have a 18 by 33 oval above ground pool the name is Blossom. All my rails are rusting and the rail that holds the liner. What can I do?
    Studs ad Posts: 134, Reputation: 9

Jun 24, 2014, 10:27 PM
    Water with chlorine in it does nasty things to metal. I would suggest talking to someone who supports spa's, hot tubs, and pools etc. If I were doing it on the cheap I would find a paint or coating that could withstand the chorine in the air, but it can attack from the inside out on hollow tubing etc. so that would be a short term solution. Some metals are more reactive to the chorine. It might be that you can find a man made product that is strong enough and capable of dealing with the chlorine. We installed a hot tub for a guy I knew years ago. He built an enclosed room around the hot tub. The vent fans and lights and other metal things didn't hold up very well. The redwood decking and walls and ceiling seem to fair much better. Some types of stainless tubing and support braces would probably do well, but expensive. This isn't a new problem by any means, so the good spa-pool people should be aware of solutions.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2014, 05:27 AM
    MY recommendation... is taking those parts to a professional to have them media blasted and powder coated. That is the longest lasting option you have available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chair Railings installation height [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking to install chair railings for decorative purposes only. I have a 9ft floor to ceiling dimension. Keeping in theory I am installing at a 36" height. On one wall i have a fireplace mantel and 36" is fine . But I have a problem with two other walls, because installing at 36" would put my...

My top pool railings are peeling. Can they be scraped and coated with something? [ 1 Answers ]

My pool top railings are peeling. I can't replace them. Can I scrape them and put a sealer of some kind on them?

Iron or alum.railings in limestone [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, was wondering the average cost material and labor for drilling limestone tread/border on top.. it would be a straight run four feet on from pavement, I have three tread slabs (first tread will be drilled center top border is limestone for the top rail of three feet to siding. So I'll have...

Custom shower railings [ 1 Answers ]

I'm building a custom shower in my summer cottage. I can't find the brass or chrome railings to finish off the shower. The ones that go along the top and front sides of the shower walls. Where can I find these?

View more questions Search