Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NJGirl07 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Love Spells
    I was just curious if Love Spells really do work... Could someone please comment on this. I have heard mixed messages on them... some have worked, and some have not, but would like to know if anyone has any insight.
    Thanks
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Oh, they can work... but anyone actually casting one has dubious allegiance to "good".

Taking away someone's free will is a bad thing. Also, the consequences of making someone love you are usually quite high---someone else's life is usually ruined/upset/miserable because of it.

What you put out comes back to you sevenfold. Do you really want that kind of karma?

Besides... would you really want someone to fall in love with you because they HAVE to?

Apr 5, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Hi.. Thank you for your answer... What if the person already has feelings for you, just issues with themselves as to why they are afraid to act out those feelings? Could you ellaborate please on what you mean with the consequences?
    Kriscool Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2007, 11:14 AM
    I believe Witchcraft is a bad thing for christains because you don't believe the power of God is enough. The only type of spell I use is prayer.

What is your religion?

Kriscool
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Just don't do it.

Love spells are on the border of being black magic.

Consequences? Well, how about falling for someone you'd never want to? A married man, someone who is involved with the bad side of the law, someone like that? Or... what if the reason they're not sure about being involved with you has to do with working out feelings for someone else? They could fall for you now, only to cheat on you with that other person because they never actually resolved their feelings.

The thing is... spells of any kind are tricky, and you have to think through EVERY possible outcome and consequence before casting, or it will backfire on you so severely that you will wish you'd never done it. Any spell cast should ALWAYS include the idea that it is with the free will and good of all behind it.

Any time you take away someone's free will, someone's ability to CHOOSE... that's bad, and borderline black magic.

Just be yourself. That should be enough to make the right person fall for you anyway.

Apr 5, 2007, 11:18 AM
    I am actually a Catholic... but not a practicing one. I was baptized... and received communion, but never confirmed. It's along story at that one.. But, I do believe in Christ and prayer... however, I don't think all magic is bad... or considered black magic... I think more along the lines of black magic.. that is when you want something hurtful on someone and I don't believe in doing something like that.
    Sometimes I feel as though my faith with the lord isn't always all there because my father passed away... and while he was sick... sick but OK.. I prayed and prayed and prayed... but I guess overtime I will forgive God and know he is in a better place. I am probably a more spiritual person if anything.

Thank you for that response... The consequences are funny though because what you mentioned... someone I fell in love with was cheating with the ex... who he said he didn't have feelings more.. but he was also commitment phobic so I guess that explains it...
    I was just thinking consequences like something bad out of a horror film happenning to me.
    Have you ever had experience with spells of any kind?

Apr 5, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NJGirl07
    I am probably a more spiritual person if anything.
    If you were more spiritual you would obey the word of God.

Do you think God is not helping you?

God helps us in many ways and sometimes we may be hurt but the reason for it could save you from an even greater threat.

It takes time for some prayers to take action but you should never give up.

The power of God is our only helper.

Kriscool

Apr 5, 2007, 11:31 AM
    I understand what you are saying... but not everyone is a believer in God. Everyone has different beliefs... and my post was about love spells working... I'm not expecting a religion instruction LOL... Don't take offense to that please.. it's all in good humor!

Apr 5, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Im anwering your question in ways. You said you were catholic meaning you are a believer of God. I'm explaining why you shouldn't do it. I'm giving an opinion.

You said "but would like to know if anyone has any insight."

Am I not giving insight.

Kriscool

Apr 5, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Yes you are giving me insight... I also want to hear from people who have done love spells or have cast them as well...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 12:11 PM
    There has been several "ladies" who were into witchcraft that I know have tried variouis spells, but the issue is they can't work on anyone who does not believe in them. If you believe they can effect you, then you will allow them to.

But as a Catholic, you should have learned that the bible is very clear about avoiding any form of witchcraft, the power from it comes from the same sourse, those that claim it for good, ( is it good to control the mind of another to love someone they don't love) not really good from the other persons view point, it is for selfish reasons, and thus still bad.

And do you really want someone to love you because of a "spell" not becuae they really wanted to.

Apr 5, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Well I am a little skeptical about love spells to be honest.. and witchcraft in general. I have never known it to be a true thing. I have read some things about it and started to believe in some form, but still a little skeptical. I am a catholic, but once again I am not a practicing one... but still one. I have never read the bible... so I really don't know what it says regarding witchcraft.
    I am curious though, has anyone had success with love spells?

Apr 5, 2007, 12:22 PM
    God doesn't like witchcraft at all.

I know sometimes people get it in their head that they control religions when there not. They think that proforming this act makes them look good because there in control.

Kriscool

We don't have the POWER

Apr 5, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Ok.. well has anyone had success with these kind of spells? And what were the outcomes? Just curious!

Apr 5, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Why do you care so much about wheather or not they have had success?

About 73% of all people are christains and the other 25% are jews, and other religions.
    Leaving 2% with the devil and witchcraft. You may not ever get a post with someone that does this, but you know I could be wrong.

Kriscool

Apr 5, 2007, 12:36 PM
    I came to this forum to ask about Love Spells... not for advice about believing in GOD. This is the psychic and fortuneteller forum.. maybe you should move to the religion forum and leave this forum for people who are curious about this stuff like me. So, for anyone else reading these please, has anyone had experience with this before?

Apr 5, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Ok, I came to this question to explan to you that your going against God's word. But if your going to ignore my knowledge from God than I can't help you. I have no knowledge of witchcraft but only know the wicked do it. So do as you wish but I'm not going to help you proform any type of witchcraft.

(Im not being mean... only firm)

Kriscool
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Apr 5, 2007, 01:01 PM
    You really, really don't want to do that sort of thing.

It doesn't matter what you think your intentions are, or even if it really is 'for the best.' That's not how it will end up.

I've been on the receiving end of the opposite: An anti-love spell. I woman I was involved with decided that there were issues (primarily with her baggage, and with me finishing up college), and decided to cast a spell to stop the feelings between us. It didn't work exactly how she intended: She still had the feelings for me, but I had nothing but anger and resentment (after the initial shock and hurt wore off). She wanted more than anything to be friends after all of it blew over, but she made sure that was impossible by making that choice.

It doesn't matter whether the spell did that or not... that's what happened in the end. By trying to do anything like this, you're setting yourself up for hurt and resentment for the rest of your life.

Edit: Kriscool, you've been asked by the original poster more than once to stop preaching to her. Please respect her wishes on that.
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 01:05 PM
    I highly resent you tossing witchcraft in with devil worship.

I do not disparage Christianity. Please do not disparage my religion.

Wiccans/pagans use spells in combination with prayers. It is a valid and recognized religion. Just because it's not the POPULAR religion does not mean it is wrong or evil.

Saying that spellcasting is all bad magic, or all done for selfish reasons is like saying that all Christians are the type that would burn a woman to death for practicing "witchcraft" or the type that stand outside abortion clinics and murder doctors for the "good" of all mankind.

If you look at my earlier posts, I state that spellcasting that does not leave room for free will is BAD... and could be called "Black Magic". I also recommended against love spells, because they seldom work the way the caster wants them to.

Kriscool... your religion knows nothing about spellcasting. Mine does. Please go back to your corner and be quiet if you can't contribute more to the question than "Don't do it because God says so".

Apr 5, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Thank you Nosnosna... I really wasn't asking to be preached to lol... All anti- spells I hear to be a form of bad magic... You are doing something for the negative with that effect I think. Something that is resentful and hurtful and that's not good. Something to enhance chemistry I think is OK. Has anything else happened with the spell? Do you know of anyone else who has done something like this?

Why do you go against love spells?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

I love a girl but does she love me [ 19 Answers ]

I met this beautiful girl we went out but then she said she didn't want a boyfriend right now and its tearing me apart because we love each other and I don't know how love can disappear so fast I mean it must be there still right

I love this boy that doesn't love me. [ 18 Answers ]

There is a boy I met that I think I fell in love with. He is a really good guy. He likes me back but he recently got a girlfriend that he loves. I don't know should I move on or what... :confused:

I still love her... [ 13 Answers ]

My girlfriend (well... not anymore I guess) and I have been dating for about three years. I am so in love with her and I always want her to be in my life... but about a month ago she told me that she was interested in another guy and that she didn't feel like she was being faithful to me and that...

I love my ex... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My girlfriend and I were together for 2.5 years. I have never so comfortable and complete with someone before and honestly believe she is the one. Things towards the end of our relationship were hard. We never really worked out a method of communicating that suited us boh - I talk hings to...

View more questions Search