Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myboys1976 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2014, 07:57 PM
    Banks that converts auto loans to signature-personal loans?
    what banks converts auto loans to signature loan or unsecured loans due to the bank not receiving the car title?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 24, 2014, 08:18 PM
    Not sure I understand your question but here is how it works for a car loan...when a bank writes a loan on a car, they get the title until the loan is paid off. If they never get the title, you are in default of the loan. This could lead to demand for immediate payment of what is owed, or repossession of the car, maybe both....maybe more. In my time as a car dealer, I have never seen a bank that didn't care that they didn't get the title and simply wrote out the loan into a personal, unsecured loan. The whole point of a car loan is that the bank has some sort of collateral and they maybe wouldn't have written a personal unsecured loan for that same amount.
    myboys1976 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2014, 08:34 PM
    OK thanks...
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2014, 05:32 AM
    Unsecured loans always have significantly higher interest rates because they lack any collateral that secured loans would have. Which is a result of the higher risk the lending institution is taking.

They can be three times higher or more. Which is a significant amount.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loans from banks [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a bank that gives loans to people with not so hot credit

Personal loans [ 3 Answers ]

About 5 years ago, my sister borrowed 9,000. She stated she would pay it back in 2 months when her husbands tax return came in ( she lied just to get the money) She has since paid me back by buying some furniture for me on her credit card... She still owes about 4,000. I want to know what is the...

Personal Loans [ 8 Answers ]

A friend wrote a check for $30K against their AMEX account. They deposited it into my personal bank account. I then withdrew funds in the form of a cashier's check to purchase a vehicle. All records for this vehicle are in my name only. Four months after purchasing the vehicle, my friend wrote...

View more questions Search