Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gamergirl4life Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jun 23, 2014, 08:51 PM
    Is it OK to drink lemon water while I have my retainers in?
    I like lemon water a lot. Before I got my braces I used to drink a bottle of water with lemon before I went to bed, and now I want to start doing that again but I wear the clear full teeth retainers and I'm worried that it might mess up my teeth if I do that again. Is it OK to do this, or will my teeth get messed up... Thanks.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 24, 2014, 08:31 AM
    Consulting your othrodontist is the safest route but if you think about the acid that is in your mouth already, I don't think you should have anything to be concerned about. You'll just need to make sure you clean it well when it comes out.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2014, 12:20 PM
    Lemon water can cause acid erosion on your teeth. I'd recommend you stop using the lemon all together and just drink water. If you must drink lemon water be sure to use a toothpaste that slows down erosion like ProNamel by Sensodyne. Also, don't brush your teeth right after drinking your lemon water since the enamel will be softer and your toothbrush can cause damage. Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste Dentist Recommended brand for Acid Wear | Pronamel.ca
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 24, 2014, 12:51 PM
    flossie, great answer ! Nice to see you posting again.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2014, 02:00 PM
    Thanks tickle! :)
    gamergirl4life Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Aug 8, 2014, 07:05 PM
    Wow I diddn't think the acid was that strong, thanks flossie!
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 11, 2014, 06:51 AM
    It really isn't that strong. It just softens things and than any abrasive force, like brushing your teeth, will cause enamel damage. You should always wait after consuming anything before you brush your teeth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why my dog so afraid to drink water and touch water. [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is so afraid to drink water , since I bought a new dog . About 2 or 3 days ago . I tried to put her favorite snack inside the water , but she is so afraid to touch the water . I'm so scare is she have some problem ? I'm so worry about her :(

My dog won't drink water. He's afraid. How do I get him to drink? [ 7 Answers ]

My dog recently has been sick. He started throwing everything up. I went to the vet, and they gave me some anti-vommit pills for him. I've been feeding him rice with a little hamburger in it for the last two days. The problem is he won't drink water. The last two times he tried before I took...

Does the sacrificial rod in a water heater make the water toxic to drink? [ 1 Answers ]

Does the sacrificial rod in a hot water heater - - the rod that very slowly disintegrates over the years - - add poisonous chemicals to the water in the tank and make the water unfit for drinking by humans?

Is Taking HONEY & LEMON with Luke Warm Water is harmful for health? [ 4 Answers ]

HAPPY MORNING, I am taking HONEY & LEMON with Luke Warm Water in the MORNING, But somebody told me that the LEMON will have a HARMFUL Side effects on the health specially it will effect the BONES & it will brittle later in the life…. IS THIS TRUE…? Is this is proven by any Research that...

View more questions Search