Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whiffus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Quote on 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 and var spd Trane Blower
    I was just quoted on a 2nd floor A/C replacement, condenser and var speed blower, 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 with upgrade options. Live in CT

Are these prices sane ?
    Includes removal of old unit, upgrade of refrig line, added insulation on old ductwork - work to be done in walkup attic

Quote was $7350 condenser + blower (Trane 2 1/2 ton XR13)
    add 430 for TraneXL14 condenser upgrade
    add 500 for var speed blower upgrade
    add 450 for aprilaire cleaner
    add 550 extended warranty

= $9280
    or
    = 8730 ex the warranty
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 09:06 AM
    That seems high even if the furnace was being replaced. Its good to get at least three quote for the same or similar product. There may be some issue that we don't see that's driving up your costs.
    whiffus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 04:34 AM
    Well I live outside of NYC so everything is too expensive but nothing about the job is unusual - all work to be done in accessible and walk up attic, minor electrical work, we are reusing old ductwork, and slapping 3" insulation on that, putting in new refrig line, etc - And no, we are NOT touching the furnace

(1) I was wondering what wholesale cost looks like for these 2 1/2 ton Trane units - both the Var Spd blower, and the XR14 unit ?

(2) Some guys are also using Lennox - is there a difference between Lennox and Trane ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XL80 blower problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Trane XL80 furnace, about 16 years old, with heat only setup. After we turned on the heat, the pilot fire came on, then the furnace lit and the heats up, however the blower wasn't turning and not blowing air. We opened both doors, saw the fan limit (a little round dial with setting to...

New Trane XR13 A/C [ 9 Answers ]

I live in New Orleans, LA and since hurricane Katrina prices for everything have gone up. 6 years ago I had a new Bryant central heating system installed (company did not have Trane units at that time). Also had new coils installed at the same time. The company installed Carrier coils. I...

TRANE XL80 blower stopped turning [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a TRANE XL80 Furnace. Couple of days ago the furnace “Blower” started to make humming and grinding noise and it wouldn’t turn. I then would give it a push start by turning it by hand, and it would turn for couple of hours and it would do the same thing. An hour ago, it stopped...

Squeaky Trane Blower Motor [ 1 Answers ]

Noticed last night that my Trane furnace was squeaking like a cricket when the air conditioner was running. Then every so often it would make an awful squealing sound like maybe a motor was getting stuck and unable to turn. From reading other posts I'm guessing that I might have a bearing or belt...

View more questions Search