Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragonflii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2014, 09:16 PM
    Signs of diabetes or not?
    Hello,
    A few weeks back I went to my local urgent care clinic for a bladder infection. My UA did indeed show positive for a bladder infection. But also showed my glu at 300, ketone 50 protein 300. Because of the ketone's in my urine he suggested that I go to a urologist. I did that the other day and he said since I was given antibiotics for the infection and that had cleared up there was nothing he could do. I did suggest that I do a fasting glucose blood draw. I did that this morning and the result was 94. I'm confused? Does any of that sound like diabetes?
    Thanks for your tme..
    gcsod45 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2014, 12:04 AM
    Sounds to me like you might be boarder line. I would check it fasting and before and 30 minutes after eating a couple times a week and record the results to take to doctor
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2014, 05:49 AM
    A simple doctor's visit can get you the process and proper tests you need to verify if you are diabetic or what needs to be done properly. Why speculate assume and worry yourself when you can get facts from the proper source. It's a very simple thing.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 21, 2014, 05:53 AM
    Because of the ketone's in my urine he suggested that I go to a urologist
    He actually should have suggested you go to an endocrinologist for ketones in your urine or a nephrologist for protein that high.

Being sick will increase blood glucose, ketones and protein in the urine.

You really need to make an appointment with your doctor to rule out diabetes and/or kidney disorder.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2014, 05:54 AM
    As talaniman states... mke an appointment with your doctor for a full bloodwork and a fasting glucose test... this is one where you eat or dring nothing but water for at least 12 hours prior to your blood being drawn for testing.

They will tell you if you do or don't.

EDIT: Also, as was stated by J_9, its a good idea to get a more thorogh exam by your doctor for the reasons she stated above.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Diabetes [ 2 Answers ]

After work I checked my blood sugar and it was 399, I know this is bad is there anything I can do tonight until I can reach my dr. in the am

Diabetes [ 0 Answers ]

Are there any herbal or daily supplements to be taken orally to control diabetes.

Do I have diabetes [ 2 Answers ]

What are the best signs to determine whether you have diabetes? It runs in my family and I don't know what symptoms to be looking out for to determine if I do. I am worried that someday I'm going to end up in the hospital because I was unaware of the possibility that I may have diabetes. What...

Help With Diabetes [ 5 Answers ]

What would you recommend as a herbal help for controlling diabetes?

Diabetes [ 2 Answers ]

My father has diabetes and wants some home made fudge... I make the fantasy fudge by kraft and have all the ingredients I have exchanged the sugar for splenda, I found some sugar free marshmallow dip (hope it works:o ) the only thing that Im not sure is instead of the semi sweet chocolate chips I...

View more questions Search