Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lileeob Posts: 51, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2014, 02:09 PM
    How to care for baby swallows?
    Hello, earlier today my town changed all of the street lights, and the one in my yard had a swallow nest in it with two birds, no feathers and eyes still closed, and one egg. They were unable to put the nest back and just left it on the ground. I tried putting it up in a basket as high as I could, but the mother bird didn't return to it. After a couple hours I brought it inside, have been keeping it warm, and fed them some oat pablum in an eye dropper. The town said there is nothing they can do and offered euthanization. But there's nothing wrong with them and I want to keep them alive until they can fly and be returned back outside. How long until they can fly? And what can I do to try and keep them alive? Also, how old are they approximately and can I expect the other egg to hatch or no? Will oat cereal be enough for them or should they be eating bugs?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 20, 2014, 02:48 PM
    Hard line is, they cannot survive without the mother bird. No, you can't feed them pAblum, they must be eating what ever the mother regurgitates for them. Hard to tell when they will be able to fly. The mom usually pushes them out of the nest when they are ready?

Now you are stuck worrying about them.

Now old they are is anyone's guess.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Taking care of the baby mama [ 3 Answers ]

Hi... me and my fiancé have been together 3 years and are supposed to be getting married next month however there are some things that make me not want to... he has a child who is 11 years old he pays child support buys her school clothes shoes and clothes through out the year also he gets her hair...

If my ex said to take care the baby herself, do I have right to see the baby legally? [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need to pay child support if I have mentioned not to have this child while my ex-girl-friend pregnant few years ago? She said that she would take care by herself and this child after baby born. Now the child is 5 years old, Can I have right to see him?

What happens if a baby swallows comet [ 1 Answers ]

My 14 month child got in the bathroom and when I got to her there was the cleaning stuff called comet all over and she may have ate a little bit but I'm not sure what should I look for

A baby bird in my care died. [ 7 Answers ]

Yesterday I found a baby bird in our yard, I read that if they can't stand properly on your finger like perching they weren't ready to leave the nest. I also have a dog who was carrying a baby bird in his mouth the other day so I couldn't leave him. I had been feeding him good quality soaked dog...

Foster baby in care with me 11 months, should he see me now? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, through an extended family emergency last year, I had 3 little boys in foster care with me. I had the older 2 just over a year & the younger was born during that time & I had him from the day he was born until 11 months. They went back at the end of November. I had told the parents that...

View more questions Search