Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharkparty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2014, 09:02 AM
    Animated short from US television, early 80s, possibly and HBO Short Take
    I am pretty sure it was an HBO short but it might have been Nickelodeon. It was definitely an HBO Short Take kind of thing where they would stick it into blank spots in the schedule though.

So in this short, a toy train is riding around in a store. At some point it hits an obstacle or can't get up to a shelf or something.

The train doesn't talk, but somehow it communicates with a cobbler or fix-it guy who is in the store and he says "You want nails on your wheels?" (that is verbatim, I am sure) in a british accent. I believe that is the only spoken dialogue.

I am VERY hazy on this part, but I think it was animated kind of like the people in the old Paddington Bear stop motion series, like cut out paper animated inside a real scene, but that might not be correct. It definitely had the same vibe as a lot of those 1970s short-film cartoons with dreary neutral colors and scratchy outlines.

This has been in my brain forever. Any help is appreciated!

Check out some similar questions!

80's HBO animated short [ 12 Answers ]

Does anyone remember or can you tell me where I can find the animated short that was on HBO in the 80's about the Italian sounding guy who kept asking "eh, who is it?" and it turns out he was in an egg? I appreciate all the help.

Early 80s HBO animated short with a superhero/Villian battle. [ 1 Answers ]

What was the HBO animated short in the early 80s that had a battle royale between superheroes and supervillians? At the end,there only a few heroes left, standing on top of a building in a victory pose, the a giant villain stand up and kills them all with a clap. Funniest ending ever.

Animated film on HBO early 80s [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for animated movie, maybe European, on HBO from early 80s. I remember it had a man who lived in castle with huge chamber full of hanging sausages. Think he also passed a lot of gas oddly enough (a kid remembers those things!). I don't remember the storyline at all. The background of...

80s - or possibly 90s - cartoon short.am I crazy? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! For the life of me, I can't remember the title of a short animated film I used to watch when I was little, and it's plagued me for awhile now! There were a few young girls - "the main" girl was blonde and wore a pink dress - who were either fairies or princesses of some sort. I want...

Pinnochio animated series Hbo I think about late 80s early 90's [ 2 Answers ]

I tried searching the net for this. But from what I remember this was a animated series had lots of episodes. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.