Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmccanon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2014, 04:51 PM
    Shower timer for handicapped use
    Is there a shower/faucet timer that can be used by a handicapped person who can't hear or see well and typically can't tell when the water is off?
    My 92 year old dad will get up in the middle of the night to run warm water on his leg to soothe the pain in his leg. He invariably will leave the water running because he cannot hear or see that the water I still on.

He is in a 'retirement apartment' setting which limits accessing pipes.

Just need something that will shut off all water after a specified time. Easy to reset and turn back on. Just needs an automatic shut off without sounds or visible alerts.

Check out some similar questions!

This is my second woods digital heavy duty timer model 50015 the timer dies on me why [ 1 Answers ]

I have a woods digital heavy duty timer model 50015 I used for aquairium lights all together give me about 140 watts this is the second one I bought, after a couple months the digital display goes really light on me and stops working, can't reset it don't work and can not reprogram it, nothing...

Maytag dryer atlandtis.timer will not advance. Heat works.replaced timer still will [ 1 Answers ]

I have a maytag atlantis. The timer will not advance. The heat works.I replaced the timer still will not move.

Shower hot water timer [ 9 Answers ]

Could anyone tell me if there is any kind of shower timer that would turn off the hot water after a certain time limit, e.g. 5 or 10 minutes. Is there anything like this that could be installed on a regular shower so that showers could be limited to a certain time.

Location of Towel Warmer/Timer with respect to Tub/Shower? [ 3 Answers ]

What restrictions are there for placement of a hardwired towel warmer with respect to a tub with a shower ring/curtain? Same question with respect to the timer for the warmer. Presumably these need to be put on QFCI circuits but any restrictions with respect to the distance from the tub? ...

Shower timer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I googled shower timer and ended up here. Do you know of any instance where someone has installed a water timer above the showerhead for disabled person with upper body strength issues? Already tried putting a lever on the shower faucet and can't change the whole shower fixture. Seems like...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.