Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smooch2324 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2014, 03:45 PM
    How can someone that was deported 21yrs ago return to ny for parent funeral?
    How can someone who was deported to Guyana SA 21 years ago return to NY for his parent funeral?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 18, 2014, 04:56 PM
    He can apply to the US Consulate in Guyana. We can't know if they will or will not grant a temporary visit.

http://georgetown.usembassy.gov/non-...ant-visas.html
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Jun 18, 2014, 05:19 PM
    Try to apply for a visa. If denied, they can try to apply for Advance Parole on a humanitarian basis.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2014, 07:29 PM
    Unlikely to happen since a funeral generally happens within a week after the death.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jun 19, 2014, 02:39 AM
    It takes longer than a week to apply for visitor's visa.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I come back for studying after being deported 9 years ago? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I need professional advice from professional attorneys… Back in 2004, I went to the US for studying. After my arrival, within a couple weeks I was involved in a fight & got arrested (charged with aggravated assault). After 10-15 days I was released but because of the arrest, I missed...

If you are deported more than ten years ago but stayed in the US, what happens then? [ 1 Answers ]

Got deported more than 10 years ago, I was still under 18 years old and I didn't know. I found out after I got married to my wife who is a US citizen and she asked for me. We had two children together, what happens if I never left after the order of removal?

Funeral Expenses from 8 years ago to be repaid. Interest? [ 4 Answers ]

We paid funeral expenses on my husband's uncle in April of 2003. Just was informed by an attorney's office that the estate had $17,000 in it. Our funeral bill was $7272. Should the law firm reimburse us the amount with interest or just the amount?

Husband Got Deported 10 yrs ago [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all. I was married 10 years ago. I feel in love and realized too late that he did not really love me back. He wanted a green card. We were living with my parents when he left to stay with his fam in their apartment. He used my name and ruined my credit. Years later, I figure out that this...

View more questions Search