Ask
    Caramel01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2014, 12:31 AM
    Are viruses host specific
    Are viruses host specific
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2014, 02:05 PM
    Some viruses are host specific and others cross over. Humans can get flu viruses that do not cross over. Swine flu, originally from Chinese pigs can apparently cross over. HIV and AIDS allegedly started with apes and crossed over. Ebola was originally thought to have started with bats, went to monkeys and has crossed over to humans.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Too many viruses! [ 1 Answers ]

I need help! There are so many viruses on my dell laptop. I can't even get on the internet. How can I delete all the viruses without having to download anti virus or calling geek squad?

Metamorphic viruses and polymorphic viruses? [ 2 Answers ]

Am studying the security exam. I am a bit confused about viruses. I understand that polymorphic viruses changes their signature when infect a file every time, I think metamorphic viruses do same thing. I could not find the differences among them. Could you please help me about this differences?

Viruses and Infections [ 6 Answers ]

What's the difference in "viruses" and "infections"? I use PC Tools Spyware Doctor which scans the computer daily. Everyday, there are (X) amount of infections on the computer, which I always clean up. So what's the difference? And how dangerous are these infections?

To host or not to host out of town guests? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it considered rude to suggest family members to stay at a hotel when they come to your state for a visit? My husband and I live near a "tourist-y" city. We both work full time jobs with long hours. His brother mentioned he would like to visit soon when their boys get a bit older. I...

View more questions Search