Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mick g Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2014, 07:06 PM
    Why would my 2004 dyna wide glide have a gear shutter when comeing to a stop in 1st a
    I just replaced my drive belt and since then I have a bad shutter seems to be comeing from the primary area only when I gear down in 1st and second gear as I come to a stop its fine on take off and fine in neutral can sum1 please help?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2014, 07:24 PM
    Improper adjustment?

Jun 26, 2014, 03:46 PM
    Harley davidson trouble shoot my 2004 dyna wide glide
    My 2004 dyna wide glide makes a shutter type noise when put in the clutch and decelerate in 1st and second its OK in neutral and OK on take off only does it as I stop, any ideas please could help?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jun 26, 2014, 04:01 PM
    Have you made any other modifications or tried any other 'fixes' since you first posted this question?

Jun 26, 2014, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mick g View Post
    My 2004 dyna wide glide makes a shutter type noise when put in the clutch and decelerate in 1st and second its OK in neutral and OK on take off only does it as I stop, any ideas please could help?
    I only adjusted the primary chain tensioner since my first question but then realized that the shutter was only when the clutch was in I have also changed and fill trans oil to correct level but haven't tried again since the oil? What should I do next if u could advise me please?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 F-350 sluggish in 1st gear HELP [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1996 F350 Turbo , in 1st gear it is sluggiush after it changes gears it picks its power back up and runs great , it does it every time and only in 1st gear , what could the problem be? It has been hooked up to 2 different machines and trows no codes , I have changed the whole exhaust,and...

'97 Mercury Grand Marquis does not shift to 1st gear [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I have a '97 Modal Grand Marquis, and its transmission is having problems . When I shift into 'Drive' the first gear is not chosen and the 2nd starts working. 'Reverse' is working fine, and there are no problems shifting, but whenever I brake my car, it starts to vibrate. When I shift the...

Honda civic 2004 auto gear shift stuck [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get the stick button to press to get it out of park, I was just driving, put in park, then it got stuck, how do I get to move into reverse or at all

How to set the camshaft timing gear 2004 altima [ 5 Answers ]

Can you so me a diagram on steps for setting the camshaft timing on a 2004 altma

View more questions Search