Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Holman52186 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2014, 04:34 PM
    Soda can top ripped open
    Left a can of soda in my car lastnight and this morning found it top ripped open not exploded no where in the car no soda anywhere can the heat cause the can top to have been popped open so perfectly like so?

Share.Pho.to | This photo set was shared via Share.Pho.to
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2014, 01:26 PM
    No signs of the liquid is hard to fathom. No sticky surfaces anywhere? What brand of soda?
    Does anyone else have access to the vehicle?

Jun 18, 2014, 01:35 PM
    No soda anywhere nothing sticky half of the soda was still in the can it was pepsi and yes we leave the car unlock all the time we live in the south small town no one usually messes with anything. I gave a link of the pic did you get to see it? so do u think it was not the heat that someone has did this?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2014, 01:45 PM
    The heat would bulge it and burst it open. Someone did this, but why and how (so neatly)? with a can opener?

Jun 18, 2014, 02:05 PM
    Yeah I know it's absoulety werid it's freaky going to start locking the my truck and the car from now on
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2014, 06:38 PM
    I did look at the photo and it appears that the top of the can was bent back by a person. Best guess is a prank.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 18, 2014, 08:52 PM
    The edge is too clean for it to have burst open. Looks like someone played a joke on you.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 18, 2014, 09:45 PM
    I'm going different on this one. I have seen cans freeze and pop just like this. You would think it would bulge and burst, and most do, but I suppose sometimes the sealing method at the top seam isn't perfect and that is the weak point. Under pressure, the top will blow off like this as if someone ripped it open.

On the other hand, if you can't find any of the actual soda, there must be more to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bicarbonate of soda vs. Baking soda? [ 2 Answers ]

In Australia, we only have bicarbonate of soda and baking powder. The chocolate crinkles recipe I want to try out requires baking soda. Which can I use to substitute & how much?:confused:

Dog ripped open heat patch, advice please. [ 3 Answers ]

My dog got a used air activated heat patch out of the trash and ripped it open. The directions say it contains iron and if it comes in contact with your skin to rinse with water. It doesn't appear that she ate any. Does anyone know what exactly is inside of these and what type of issues I should be...

Top seam on vinyl pool ripped [ 1 Answers ]

How can I fix the top overlap seam on my vinyl pool, it's about ready to make it's debute on Americas funniest home videos... I'm draining it now, but want to fix it

Identifying baking soda and washing soda [ 2 Answers ]

Using a monoprotic acid, how would you find out which sample is baking soda and which sample is washing soda if you have unknown samples of each? I think it has something to do with how much CO2 each produces when reacted with the acid, but I don't know which produces more CO2 and which produces...

View more questions Search