Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duhlmann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2014, 11:16 AM
    How to remove a tight and stubborn oil dipstick cap top
    The yellow plastic oil dipstick cap top on my Briggs and Stratton Bolens 500 push mower is on way too tight. I can't loosen it by either hand or wrench. Short of blasting, what would you recommend?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 17, 2014, 06:03 PM
    Are you turning it in the proper direction ?

Check the Oil in a Small Engine | Briggs & Stratton Videos

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil fill cap came out, oil was lost, engine did not seize.. will oil and new cap fix? [ 2 Answers ]

After prolonged use, oil fill cap vibrated out.. oil was lost, but machine was shut off before seizing. Will replacing cap and refilling oil get machine up and running.. pull and electric start engine.. Craftsman model 536.881651.. I live in Rockland county NY, College Grad. Born 1949. Another snow...

2004ford taurus losing fluidfrom top of dipstick and loss of power [ 1 Answers ]

My 2004 ford Taurus is leaking fluid from the dipstick and am having loss of power also

Amtrol purger vent cap- how tight? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a FHW heat system with an Amtrol air purger. On top of the vent there is a small plastic red cap. How tight should this cap be? Is it normal for a small amount of water to leak out of the vent when the cap is not tight? Last year I had the system serviced because water was leaking. The...

Oil dipstick [ 1 Answers ]

The top of my oil dipstick broke off and I couldn't retieve the stick. Will this damage my car?

Broken oil dipstick [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Nissan Sentra. The plastic handle on the oil dipstick broke off. Now the remaining part of the dipstick is stuck deep down in the oil tube; at least 12 inches down. Don't know why the manufacturers would make the dipstick handle out of plastic... Anyway... I've tried different...

View more questions Search