Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jun 17, 2014, 11:08 AM
    Silica Sand / Return Outlet...
    Back the beginning of May we had replaced the Silica Sand in the Pool Filter drum.. The Pool Store advised filling the drum back up with only 3 bags S/S as to fill it up to the 4 bag capacity we'd be wasting quit a bit... And that is where we are now... When we go through the ritual of vacuuming the pool we must be doing something wrong... When I shut off the pump to clean out the basket on the pump I turn the value closed leading from the Skimmer and I turn the dial on top of the Drum from Filter to Backwash to release the pressure as I'm removing the cap to the filter basket.. ( power to the pump is turned off )... Before turning the Power to the Pump back on I open the dial back to filter and open the value... It's at this point we notice a considerable amount of Silica Sand has come out through the Return to the Pool and settled on the bottom... What am I doing wrong, any idea? Thanks..

Check out some similar questions!

Is my sand filter leaking sand in the pool? [ 2 Answers ]

Is my sand filter leaking sand in the pool? Yellowish/grey residue matter is coming into my pool, especially whilst vacuuming. Does anyone have any suggestions?

How do I know if I have silica sand in water lines [ 1 Answers ]

I have a well for our home water. I have a water softner "Ecowater". When I use the water (tube) close to the softner I get small black particals in our tub. They sink to the bottom, When I drain the tube they remain in the tub. It feels and looks like graphite, when I rub it between my fingers....

How to put the silica sand in your fireplace [ 0 Answers ]

How to put the silica sand in the fireplace? How and how much silica sand to put in the gas fireplace?

How to put the silica sand in your fireplace [ 0 Answers ]

How and how much sand should I put in the fireplace

Sand Filter is blowing out sand into my pool [ 3 Answers ]

Lately when I backwash my above ground pool, the filter blows out sand into the water. What causes this? When backwashing the filter, I turn off the pump, turn the dial to backwash and turn the pump on low. Is the pump supposed to be on during the backwash and rinse cycle?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.