Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Jun 17, 2014, 09:10 AM
    Human Kindness "tExtinction"
    So, I live in CA, We had some repairs works going on at my apartment, the manager, when my hubby ask her to fix specific things for our apartment, she barely notices, she barely reply and we have to call her 100 times for the work, she never picks up the call, once in a blue moon she does, sometimes even she hang up the phone in the middle of the conversation. And after that she keeps cutting the call, she is Mexican so she she don't know how to speak English, so I barely talk with her. But this time some painting has to be done in my apartment, and I told my hubby,may be he doesn't approach her nicely, he just need work to be done, that's it! That's why she don't like to talk to him. So this time let me talk to her With Love. So, she came and she smiled in front of me and was behaving nice, and I greeted her, talked with her very nicely and also with genuine LOVE in my heart. I said thank you and stuff. Then she left. And after a while I called her to inform what has been done and the things left to be done later. As soon as I called her told my apartment number and I was thanking her, and again she hung up the phone! I was like what? I tried after that few times and she was cutting my calls. I didn't call after that. She did same with me even after talking with her nicely. I told my husband, he was like now you blame me for not talking in love with her. So, the matter is I have never had any experience of this kind of ignorant behavior, I always treat people nicely no matter what. I am sure not everybody is like that. Is this right?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 17, 2014, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Precious7
    I am sure not everybody is like that. Is this right?
    Yes, that's right - not everyone behaves this rudely. If you're having trouble communicating with the manager can you try to deal directly with the owners (her boss)?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2014, 09:22 AM
    I agree with ebaines... There are just some people who are rude, most aren't thank goodness. However as you say... always better to approach them in a nice way... usually it works, and even if it doesn't... you haven't sunk to their level. And they won't use it against you.

Not to mention... if they act like that when you are bing nice to them... imagine how they would react if you wasn't. Unless THEY own the property, they are working for someone else. Talking to THEM might get better results.

Jun 17, 2014, 09:25 AM
    The owners are not here they put this management, above her its management, we went and talked with management and then they sent her to fix all problems, but its not done completely yet, and how many times we have to go to management office if manager live like a stone throw away. But In management also there are lots of "her" people only so. They say we have some problem with manager! But actually when she don't do the work to be done, then we just demand it persistently beacause we are paying to live there.

Jun 17, 2014, 09:31 AM
    @ smoothy, thanks, Your words gave me some peace in my heart, other wise I was feeling bad.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 17, 2014, 03:36 PM
    she is Mexican so she she don't know how to speak English,
    Maybe that is your problem. There seems to be a language barrier. You can still talk to someone with "love" but if they don't understand you, it's not going to help.

Do you have any friends that speak Spanish that could help you communicate with her?

Jun 17, 2014, 04:27 PM
    Maybe that is your problem. There seems to be a language barrier. You can still talk to someone with "love" but if they don't understand you, it's not going to help.
    @J_9
    My problem is not that she can't speak English, there is always a person with her who speaks English! My problem is she is very rude and even though I told her in a conversation again today nicely that, please if somebody is talking with you nicely, don't talk with them rudely, don't shout and insult them with your behavior, I called her and she said I don't have time for you! Bye. I have never heard that in my life. If I would have done something bad with her I understand to receive that kind of response but she is always like that. I don't know why? May be some people don't like others. Again she is coming back tomorrow for some work, what if I also behave rudely and selfishly with her?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is kindness good or not ? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a little confused here I helped people find pets and now I'm bad luck central!! 1

Repayment for kindness [ 19 Answers ]

Although I was never asked for even a thank you while my lady cared for me last week, I thought it the right thing to do, so over this past weekend all breakfasts were fixed by me and served to my Lady when she woke. Many, many thanks to this Lady.

Movie vampire falls in love with a human and eats and drink human food to become human [ 1 Answers ]

Movie about a vampire who falls in love with a human woman and tries to become human by eating and drinking human food

Acts of kindness. [ 10 Answers ]

I'm looking for suggestions of random acts of kindness, the more anonymous, the better. I'm not looking for thanks, recognition, or attention. It's for personal growth, spirituality, and to help my two young sons learn that a helping hand is needed by many, especially the less fortunate.

Flood her with kindness? [ 5 Answers ]

I got engaged a few weeks ago and I'm really excited! Unfortunately my fiance's sister has a problem with me and I am not quite sure how to handle the situation... See, we used to be friends, but now I can tell she is purposely trying to be rude to me. She won't come straight out and say rude...

View more questions Search