Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffreydlutz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2014, 08:12 PM
    HP scanner defaults to same file name, I have to rename later. Why?
    When selecting finish on my HP manager scan, file save defaults to old file name from last year. Does not give me option to change file save name anymore. Did not used to do this, only since last year.
    J
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jun 20, 2014, 05:57 PM
    If this happened to me the first thing I would try would be to uninstall the scanner drivers and software and then reinstall (usually you have to have the scanner unplugged during this process to prevent windows from installing generic drivers). Uninstall the stuff reboot and Wait until the new software and drivers are installed before plugging in the scanner. It would be a good idea to check the HP website to see if there are newer drivers and software for your model. Also if during the uninstall it asks if you want to delete your saved settings or something similar do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In File manager: How do I remove a folder, or even rename it? [ 1 Answers ]

While creating a new file folder in File Manager on my ASUS TF 700 (With Android operating system)-- I made a typo. Now I can not re-name, or correct the error, nor can I delete it! I find no icon or anything that suggerts deleting a folder, or a file. Maxthefax

Domain rename [ 3 Answers ]

Hai, In my office we have 64 systems. These are all in domain. The domain name is polyster.com. The problem is www.polyster.com and email.polyster.com is our website and our company mail. The problem is its not opening in domain controller systems and even in server also. But if the...

Sti_Trace.log file appears when using scanner [ 12 Answers ]

HP Pavilion p7-1007c, Windows 7 Home Premium, SP-1, 64 bit I just installed a CanoScan LiDE 210 scanner. Now whenever I do a scan, I get an empty Notepad file named Sti_Trace.log in the main User Folder. If I delete it, it reappears on the next scan. It doesn't matter where I save the scanned...

Can't rename entry in Regedit [ 5 Answers ]

Regedit gives me this error message "The registry editor cannot rename show. Error while renaming key." The entry I tried to rename to Open is : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PowerPointViewer.SlideShow.11\shell\Show I'm using windows XP home edition and I have administrative privileges.

View more questions Search