Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jun 15, 2014, 05:26 PM
    Is this a Fabrication??
    Should I believe this or is this a case as many have said "Don't Believe Everything You Read"??????????

Thousands of veterans have waited months for basic medical care. Some even died waiting. The Department of Veterans Affairs Inspector General found "systemic" scheduling problems within the VA.

So what were VA staff doing instead of taking care of those who willingly put their lives on the line for our freedom?

Hundreds of them were doing work for their union instead.

Can you believe it?

Under current law, labor union officials are paid by the federal government to push Big Labor's forced-dues agenda during work hours.

It's called Official Time, and it means instead of working for you, union officials in the public sector are using YOUR time and YOUR money to coerce even more government workers into dues-paying ranks.

And the Washington Examiner recently found that the "VA is by far the largest user of official time."

The VA "paid its top union employees more than $42.5 million to do almost 1 million hours of union work in 2011," the Examiner found, citing the most recently available numbers.

The VA is hardly alone.

Another scandal-plagued agency, the Internal Revenue Service, paid its bureaucrats $23.5 million to perform over 500,000 hours of union Official Time.

In total, last year alone, the cost of Official Time to taxpayers like you was over one BILLION dollar
    s!

That's why your National Right to Work Committee will continue pushing for roll-call votes on Senator Rand Paul's Federal Employee Accountability Act (S. 785), which would put an end to this outrage.

You see, S. 785 would prohibit federal government workers from engaging in Big Labor activities on the taxpayers' dime.

And, in addition to defunding Big Labor's army of taxpayer-funded operatives, S. 785 would prohibit forced-dues activists from engaging in other forms of harassment when they are supposed to be working.

But you know as well as I do that in politics nothing moves unless it's pushed.

Your petition lets them know you will not tolerate your tax dollars being used to expand Big Labor's forced-dues empire.

The American people deserve to know whether their representatives in Washington stand with union bosses – or with American taxpayers and veterans.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2014, 06:04 PM
    The Examiner is a part of the Washington Times, ( yes I was a long time reader of The Examiner since its inception and even since they have gone to a digital online only presence) and not a small unknown blog site some naysayers will try to discredit.. . that unlike the Washington Post... doesn't have a pro-Obama agenda.

They have barely scratched the tip of the iceberg of the corruption and malfeasance at the VA. I think we are going to hear about a lot more as they dig deeper.

I have a longtime friend who bailed out of there a number of years ago in a really big hurry.....he won't say anything due to a nondisclosure agreement he mentions every time I bring it up.

Based on how he reacts....I think there is something really big and really bad that is going to be exposed beyond what already has come to light......though I can't guess exactly what.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 15, 2014, 09:17 PM
    My son, has suffered mental trauma since Iraq. He waited almost 6 months to be seen. And then they did almost nothing

But for other treatments, yes, waiting weeks for an appointment is normal now.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 15, 2014, 09:21 PM
    A very good friend of mine is a two-time purple heart recipient. Yes, I said two-time. He has received 2 purple hearts. He has currently been waiting for over a year to get treatment at the VA.

No, it's not a fabrication... 3 Memphis VA Hospital patient deaths probed - FOX13 News, WHBQ FOX 13

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sample introduction letter for steel fabrication business [ 0 Answers ]

This company is involved in steel structures fabrication and installation, steel storage tanks, erection of all kind of stell structures.

I want to make a profile for fabrication unit [ 2 Answers ]

I need to make company profile

How to detect a lamination in stell plate after fabrication [ 0 Answers ]

We are in the field of manufacturing heavt earth moving machinary. Recently we detected lamination in a major structure at the final stages of manufacturing. This is an important load carrying member of our machine. Is there a way to repair this ?

View more questions Search