Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mporter5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2014, 10:22 AM
    Huntington bay fan remote not working
    Hi, my 10month old daughter got a hold of the remote controller for our fan and now it's not working. The light on the remote stays on even when not pressing buttons and none of the buttons seem to work at all, you can turn the ceiling light on with the wall switch but not the fan. Can I just get a new remote or do I have to get a new receiver or entire fan? Any help would be appreciated?
    Studs ad Posts: 134, Reputation: 9

Jun 16, 2014, 04:11 PM
    I doubt that your daughter could make the module in the fan go bad. She probably dipped the remote in the toilet or something. Most likely you should just need the remote, but finding it might be an issue. Even though the module in the fan is still good, it is probably paired up to the remote somehow. I would suggest finding a dealer and looking into what options are available. Take your brand, model and serial numbers of control module and fan. You might even find out on the internet. If the unit's codes need to be paired to each other( remote to fan control module) and they don't have a way to pair them, then you will have to purchase both units.
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Jun 21, 2014, 02:11 PM
    Hi there, what is the model of your fan? Is it a Hampton Bay Huntington ceiling fan? If it's a Huntington ceiling fan, you can probably use a Hampton Bay universal remote with it. That should work. Hampton Bay universal remotes would with just about any Hampton Bay fan. That is of course, if you actually need a new remote. It kind of sounds like you do. Did you try taking the batteries out and putting them back in? And check for physical damage on the remote
    Studs ad Posts: 134, Reputation: 9

Jun 21, 2014, 10:54 PM
    AnswerMan5000
    Good answer! Forgot about a physical reboot by taking the batteries out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan remote is not working and I cnt turn fan off is there a way t [ 2 Answers ]

Hampton bay ceiling fan remote not working and can not turn fan off what can I do?

Huntington bay fan installation drawings [ 0 Answers ]

Old Huntington Bay fan. Can't remember how it was installed. Removed lights and cover and blades. Now looking at the bottom of the motor. Center nut loose. Can't see how it comes apart from here.There is a bell shaped cover over the motor so you can't access anything behind it. Does the motor slide...

Huntington Bay fan remote controler [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Huntington Bay fan with factory installed remote control. It was working till Yesterday. Now when I try to turn on the fan, it works only as long as I keep the remote button pressed. My question is: Is there anything that I can do to make it work normally? If I cannot make it work - Can I...

Defective dimmer huntington fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

The remote control will only take the lights from off to bright. It appears it goes through the cycle. I changed the battery and it did not correct it.

Hampton Bay Fan Remote Not Working [ 2 Answers ]

:) Hi, I purchased a fan less than a year ago and the sensor on the remote seems to have gotten some kind of glitch. The little red sensor light stays on continuously, instead of going out after pressing a function. When I shut off the fan, and go to put the remote down, it starts up in high...

View more questions Search