Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toot Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Apr 5, 2007, 06:02 AM
    Excesive sweat on my palms and feet!
    Please help me! I'm a young girl, age 14 and my palms and feet always sweat! I tried everything to cure it. And every time I use a lotion, my palms and feet never stops sweating! :confused: I really really need your help. And also, whenever I hold hands with anyone, my hands starts sweating! How can I hold hands with my palms sweating. And whenever I wear slippers my feet gets all sweaty and dirt sticks to my feet, until my feet gets all dirty and it is very embarrassing to look at. :confused:
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Have you tried spraying deodorant containing anti-perspirant on them?

Even better if you can find a no-odor anti-perspirant.
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2007, 06:39 AM
    I hope for you that it does work!

Remember to be cautious of over-use of anti-perspirant. It may be worth seeking one out that does not contain the aluminium compounds that most do. There is some evidence that it is not totally safe.

Maybe you could see your doctor? They may have something to help with a condition as severe as yours.

Apr 5, 2007, 06:52 AM
    My mom told me to use anti-perspirants but excessive sweating didn't stop. :confused: Sometimes I am losing hope and I want to cry. I am always teased because my hands and palms really SWEAT so much, even when I always bring towel to control the sweat, the towel turns into wet towel. :confused: help me! I really tried everything! But I still don't know why it still isn't cured. Any more suggestions?
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Have you been to the doctor's?

Apr 5, 2007, 07:05 AM
    No, actually. My mom doesn't have time to bring me to the doctor's. And when I remind her to bring me to the doctor's she is getting mad. It's like she doesn't care because she says t's normal. :(:confused:
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2007, 07:08 AM
    Isn't there anyone else who can take you?

Apr 5, 2007, 07:10 AM
    I don't know. :( it's like nobody really cares at all. But I'm still trying to find a way to be able to go to the doctor's.

Apr 5, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Oh my god! I can help you I was in the same position as you when I was 14 it started when I was about 13 yrs old an NO actually anti perspirants Don't work! The people that are giving you that information haven't experienced the emotional and physical torment that you are going through right now - but I have! My mum also thought I was over reacting and still does nobody understands what I have been through. I plucked up the courage to go to the docs myself at 15 even the doctor tried to help with a prescription anti perspirant called anhydrol forte-but it did not work. The condition is called hyper-hydrosis and effects the hands feet and often armpits.

Apr 5, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Yeah. It's really hard. But wait, did you get rid of that excessive sweat already? :confused:
    If yes, how?
    happy4life Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 03:42 PM
    :)
    Basically I wrote loads more text before to you and half of it is gone as its my first time on this ask site. You have to ignore people saying things if you can't get to docs, don't worry go to the chemist if you can make it. If it makes you feel better I care about what you are going through, as I've been there at your same age, so I feel for you. Really try to be more confident try not to worry, mine still sweat but when you get used to your body you can find ways to overcome the sweat, like wearing only leather on your feet or cotton natural fibres soak up sweat better. Did you get the message about surgery? Well I nearly had surgery as a last resort a couple of yrs ago - not advisable - bad bad side effects. Yes my hands sweat terribly still it is something that stays with you, although the pschological effects get better the longer you have it and if you have an understanding boyf or gilrl. Mums and dads won't really understand too much and friends people same age will take the piss - I've been there just be happy that I can tell you it does get better, you just adapt to your body. Do more research4yourself, see what you think. It still stresses me out at times but if your having a really happy time it won't bother you so much life gets easier after 14. Keep strong, I'll be thinking of u:(
    lil_bourq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by toot
    Please help me! im a young girl, age 14 and my palms and feet always sweat! i tried everything to cure it. And everytime i use a lotion, my palms and feet never stops sweating! :confused: i really really need your help. And also, whenever i hold hands with anyone, my hands starts sweating! how can i hold hands with my palms sweating. And whenever i wear slippers my feet gets all sweaty and dirt sticks to my feet, until my feet gets all dirty and it is very embarrassing to look at. :confused:
    Hey I have the same problem!! I'm 15 though... but you every time I hold hands my hands sweat!! Did you find out how to stop the sweating?! PLEASE PLEASE RESPOND!!!!!
    alexninja Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2011, 09:36 AM
    I need help too but I found out that if you ask your doctor he could have hand deodarent. I'm not sure this works but I read about it. Good luck to everyone like me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy spots on palms of hands [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend for the past year has had 1/4" spots on the palms of her hands that become so itchy that the only way she relieves it is by breaking the epidermis by scratching. One GP gave her some cream for it but it didn't help. At any one time there is 1 or 2 sores on each hand. She can't...

Bad sweat smell [ 2 Answers ]

My sweat smell is very bad although I used anti - sweat Iamb 20 years and this problem begin at 13 years old And also my mouth smell is very bad If there is any solution please answer me Thank you

Sweat smell [ 2 Answers ]

Sir, I am 30 year old bachelor. My height is 170 cm and my wieght is 79 kg.my problem is that my sweat is smelling very bad (underarms & inner thighs). I know I can reduce the bad smell underarms by using deodorant sprays. Can you please advise me what should i do for the inner thighs. I feel...

Night sweat [ 4 Answers ]

Do men have "night sweats"? My husband will wake up and his t-shirt is wet and he will need to change his t-shirt... Is this common?

Itchy sweat [ 5 Answers ]

Why is my head itchy when I'm sweating?

View more questions Search