Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2014, 07:52 PM
    BRAF
    The BRAF V600E allele is dominant to wild-type/normal BRAF. Describe how information flows in a cell that is heterozygous for the BRAF V600E. Remember that BRAF is a kinase that functions to promote the production of cyclins and other cell cycle genes. Address the following concepts: central dogma, post-translational modifications/ conformational changes, cell cycle, and genetics.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2014, 07:56 PM
    Cut and pasted homework... did you even read that chapter yet? If you did post what you think the answers are. As we will help you with it but we aren't going to do it for you.
    kke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2014, 08:21 PM
    I know the definitions-
    1. Central Dogma- DNA makes RNA, makes protein
    2. Post- translational modifications- A step in protein biosynthesis where proteins are created by ribosomes translating mRNA into polypeptide chains. These polypeptide chains undergo post- translational modifications like folding, cutting and other processes before becoming the mature protein product.
    3. Conformational changes- Alteration in shape usually the tertiary structure of a protein as a result of alteration in the environment i.e. pH, temperature, ionic strength or the binding of a ligand to a receptor r binding of substrate to an enzyme
    4. Cell cycle- Series of events that take place in a cell leading to its division and duplication (replication) that produces two daughter cells
    5. Genetics- Study of heredity and the variation of inherited characteristics
    6. Heterozygous- Heterozygotes occurs when an individual has two different alleles of a gene.

Other than that, I have no idea where to go from there which is why I'm asking for help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search