Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosepetal140 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2014, 02:42 PM
    Tomato Processing
    The facility currently utilizes three-effect evaporator to produce the tomato paste and plans to retrofit it using Mechanical Vapor Compression Recompression (MVR) evaporator system. The facility operates for 2,400 annual hours. The details of the baseline and proposed systems are presented below:
    The baseline system uses high pressure steam of 280 psia to evaporate the tomato liquid. The system consists of three 100HP Recirculation Pumps and three 300 HP Transfer Pumps. 33% of input flow recalculates across evaporators. The condenser consists of two 100 HP fans and two 75 HP pumps. A steam ejector that maintains vacuum in condenser consumes 1500 lb/hr of steam at 150 psia.

The proposed system’s compressor will be operated by a steam turbine that in turn operates using high pressure steam of 280 psia. The compressor compresses the tomato vapor from 7.6 psia to 12 psia. The system consists of three 100HP Recirculation Pumps and three 300 HP Transfer Pumps. 33% of input flow recalculates across MVR. The facility also plans to recover steam condensate in proposed conditions.

How do I find the tomato paste output lb/hr for both?
    How do I find the steam economy for both?
    How do I find gas savings?
    How do I find energy savings?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 12, 2014, 03:09 PM
    Rosepetal, what are you majoring in; this is not high school homework; this is university. We can't help you, it is against our forum basics. You figure it out and we will help you when we can, after your do the homework.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I eat ketchup and have the vitamins from a tomato without eating a tomato? [ 5 Answers ]

Somebody asked me, do you eat tomatoes and I said no. Then he asked, do you dip your french fries in ketchup and I said yes. Then he told me that the goodness of a tomato like vitamins and other stuff are in ketchup. He said I am really eating tomatoes' vitamins. It that true?

Tomato preservation or food processing tech & equipment. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me Method for tomato preservation. Or Any Food processing techniques for tomato preservation. Anyone have the links for the same ?

Tomato plants [ 4 Answers ]

My tomato plants are very healtful looking and asbout 2and a half feet high. They appear to have not enough blooms and even less small tomatoes from the blooms. I am in Colorqdo, zone 5 Thanks

View more questions Search