Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2015, 12:45 PM
    What could explain all of your codes and symptoms is a failing Ignition Control Module (ICM). It could account for the misfire code, oxygen sensor code, and poor performance. This is a problematic component that I recommend replacing every 125,000 miles or 10 years, whichever comes first. On many cars of this generation, you need to apply silicone heat transfer compound to the back of the ICM; otherwise, it won't last long. My sense is that you are very close to solving this thing. I really think a bad ICM is at the heart of your problems.

I'm assuming you replaced your Camshaft Position Sensor, otherwise that could be part of the problem. It smacks of being a bad ICM, to me.
    Socalstarter Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2015, 02:18 AM
    Thank you text. Yes the icm was the problem I just changed it and the car is running really good now. Thanks again for all your help
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2015, 05:36 AM
    Good job--I'm proud of you!. I'm glad your Sonata is back on the road and running well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it right to be bringing up the past? [ 4 Answers ]

I cheated on my girl friend like 6 times during our 2 years together. She decided to give me another chance. I regret it with all my heart. Now we keep fighting and even though she knows I won't do her wrong again she still brings up the past out of the blue often. I get mad when she brings it up...

Bringing Our Bedroom To Life [ 11 Answers ]

Me and my wife have been married for almost a year and together for 6yrs. At first our sex life was off the charts and now it is nothing to write home about. We have had our up's and down's and split up 2yrs ago. But it just has not gotten to that real exciting point again. I love my wife dearly...

Bringing a lawsuit [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question as to weather I could actually have a lawsuit against an person where I work, I am not sure under what kind of category it falls under as it is kind of weird. Also the people I work for kind of are afraid I will sue them which leads me to want to know. So.. about a year ago I...

View more questions Search