Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ann tan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2014, 12:28 AM
    Self-introduction as new staff
    Hi,

How to write a good self-introduction notes about myself.

Please help & thanks
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 12, 2014, 03:58 AM
    Without a clue about the job, where in the hierarchy you will be, or you, I'm not sure how we can help. The sparseness of your question suggests that you have a hard time communicating and being at ease around others at work? My suggestion is to go around the office and introduce yourself in person, about 5 or so a day, starting with those closest to your desk. Just be friendly and natural and keep it short. I would shake hands, say your name, and say you are glad to meet him or her. If you are a boss, ask them to stop in to your office any time to get to know each other and find out more about any concerns.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 12, 2014, 08:07 AM
    Also, ask your coworkers questions about themselves--in other words, make your introduction a two-way street chat with you getting to know them too.

Jun 13, 2014, 07:31 PM
    Self-introduction, any grammar error, please correct it ,thanks
    Hi Everyone,

My name is XXX, you may call me Ann.

I am starting my work today as Purchasing Assistant.
    [COLOR=#AC193D](or I just joined Purchasing Department as Purchasing Assistant)[/COLOR]

I'm really excited to work in a reputed company like yours which give me an opportunity to enhance my skills and knowledge. I hope that I can make a worthwhile contribution to the company.
    [COLOR=#AC193D](or I would like to be part of (company name), I hope that I can make a worthwhile contribution to the company. [/COLOR]

I am adaptable to any type of environment. My hobbies are reading magazine, cooking & jogging.

Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming. I look forward to working with all of you.

Thank You & Best Regards
    current pert

Jun 16, 2014, 02:36 AM
    Please use the Answer button to add comments, not private messages to us.
    I didn't copy what you wrote to me, but it was not an appropriate letter for starting a job. I hope you will use our suggestions instead. Your choice, of course.

This does have some errors (reputable, not reputed), but mainly it just isn't appropriate to send such a letter when starting a new job. It reads like a cover letter for a job application. You GOT the job! Of course you want to enhance your skills and knowledge. Of course you hope to contribute, and are adaptable. I'm sure you already said what your hobbies are when you applied.
    It's all redundant, and actually a bit strange.
    A lot of success in business is how well you do in ordinary, friendly communication with others, not just how good you are at the work. Please take our suggestions from yesterday. And since you are starting at the bottom, there's no need to start with more than the few people closest to your desk, and your supervisor.

Jun 16, 2014, 04:25 AM
    Hello, could you please use my copy to make correction and forward to me? Really need your help... Urgent! Tqvm

Where to find your yesterday suggestion?
    current pert

Jun 16, 2014, 04:44 AM
    Your 2 questions were merged into one.

Jun 16, 2014, 04:56 AM
    Still can't see where you paste your suggestion
    current pert

Jun 16, 2014, 05:17 AM
    Please scroll up and READ all of our responses - did you even look at them? So far, none of us think you should write this introduction at all.

Jun 16, 2014, 05:24 AM
    Oic, then how should I write a short introduction about myself? As my new company need me to do so, please help, thanks
    current pert

Jun 16, 2014, 06:03 AM
    Now you tell us that your company told you to write it?
    This makes no sense.
    Who is it directed to? Management, everyone, just co-workers, your direct supervisor?
    Is it for a handbook, under your picture, like a high school yearbook?
    I'm now guessing it's for a handbook or 'picture wall' in the hall or lobby.
    In that case, they want a little background, not all this stuff that sounds like a resume or cover letter.
    "I start work here on June 16, 2014, as a Purchasing Assistant. I just graduated from ______ school with a degree in ______, so this is my first job. I look forward to meeting all of you and working for such a reputable company. My long term goal is to gain expertise in new products and the accounting side of inventory (blah blah, whatever you hope to do in 5 years or so), and I plan to take some courses to help gain those skills. My main hobby is cooking, and I also enjoy friendships, family, and jogging."
    Change it to suit what is really you, but I would leave magazines out.

Jun 16, 2014, 07:29 AM
    Thanks for your reply. The purpose is for attach to email when HR email <Joining
    Announcement> to all staff. Below is a sample which my friend forwarded to me from their staff
    Hi all,

My name is Chung Jiying. You may call me Jacqueline too as some people tells me that they find it difficult to pronounce my Chinese name.

I am 22 this year, born in 1991 the year of goat. Coincidentally, my horoscope is also Aries (sheep)! But, my skin tone is not as white as the goats or sheep! Haha…
    Basically, I am active and cheerful, but I am quite soft at times too. (I hope you guys won’t get to see the soft side of me! >.< )

I am born in a family of 4, I have a younger sister. I have lots of interest in interacting with people, understanding their needs and thoughts. My favorite pastime is to watch TV programs, sing karaoke and exercise with my friends and we would play basketball and badminton, or even dance zumba. My favorite place is always the beach or seaside and I always dream that I would have the chance to visit Maldives one day before it really sinks!

I have graduated from Singapore Polytechnic last year and went into a corporate job right after I have graduated. Reason being why I didn’t further my studies for local university is not because I couldn’t make it with my results, but it’s just that I decided not to have a career related to what I am studying which is Electrical & Electronics engineering and also I hope to start my working life ASAP so that I can help in contributing to my family income.

That’s all for now! Basically I am an open book with no hidden emotions, you guys can always understand me easily after I enter the company!

Thanks and will see all of you soon!
    current pert

Jun 18, 2014, 09:35 AM
    I would omit your horoscope, skin tone, TV watching, your soft side, and 'you guys.'
    I would omit 'Reason being why'... and say 'I did well in school, but didn't further my studies in EE because I decided that it wasn't the career I wanted, and because I want to help with my family income.'

It's OK to be casual and friendly, but this is still business.

Jun 18, 2014, 10:21 PM
    Self introduction
    Dear Sir,

Below is my amended notes, please help to amend if any, thanks you!

Hi Everyone,
    I start work here on July 1, 2014, as a Purchasing Assistant. I look forward to meeting all of you and working for such a reputable company which give me an opportunity to enhance my skill and knowledge. I hope that I can make a worthwhile contribution to the company. My hobby is cooking, and I also enjoy friendships, family and jogging."

Thank You & Best Regards

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Staff meeting [ 1 Answers ]

The Funniest Staff Meeting Ever! The boss of a Madison Avenue advertising agency called a spontaneous staff meeting in the middle of a particularly stressful week. (This is one pretty sharp boss!) When everyone gathered, the boss, who understood the benefits of having fun, told the burnt out...

Staff leaving [ 1 Answers ]

As a novice to payroll I am not sure what forms I have to fill out for a member of staff who is leaving her job,any help on this matter would be appreciated

How to write a self introduction letter asa a new colleague to all staff on first day [ 4 Answers ]

How to write a self introduction letter asa a new colleague to all staff on first day at work?

Out-of-state office space used by local staff, with a sleeping room 4 staff travelers [ 1 Answers ]

Can I rent an out-of-state office space used by local staff, with a sleeping room for other staff travelers? I run a tutoring program out of state, that requires me and the other officers of the company to visit for training and managing. Instead of paying exorbitant hotel fees, if our company...

Staff infection [ 2 Answers ]

Is it 100% guarantee that you can get a staff infection after you had a contact?

View more questions Search