Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blanko Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2014, 08:28 PM
    Small trucking companys that train and hire felons for there cdl
    I'm a felon and have been of peper over 8 years and I'm looking for a trucking company that will train me for my cdl.and pre hire me for over the road.long haul trucking.im in lithfield park az.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2014, 12:20 AM
    I do not mean this wrong, but it is not going to happen. First there is still high unemployment, so trucking companies often have their pick of people.

Also they are not going to put out money for a less than favorable employee.

You are free to pay for a truck driving school.

But will find it hard to get a position with a larger firm. Most of the small firms, that pay lower, maybe cheap on milage some.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 12, 2014, 04:09 AM
    Sadly, there are countless online sites claiming that there are all sorts of opportunities for felons that don't exist. They are all scams to get a fee out of you.
    The ONLY opportunities for felons are educational. It's possible that you can find a program that helps with the costs of truck driving school.
    Start with the Education Connection.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2014, 04:44 AM
    There are some technical education centers that offer cdl training as a course. Some driving schools may also take you on but it will be individual as to how long ago the felony was and what it was for. Some companies will reimburse you for the training and some schools offer scholarship programs to those who qualify based on income or military participation. Schools often have placement assistance as well.

Again, depending on length of time and the charge, some companies may hire you after you have training and pass the tests for your cdl. Often well known companies will not due to insurance coverage. You can look up many companies online and read the requirements on their website.

IF you were able to obtain your cdl, you will likely need to start with a local company as most large trucking companies require previous otr driving experience.

I would start by checking out websites, contacting the recruiting offices, and contact smaller local companies to explain your situation and see if you would even have some opportunities available to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trucking compainies in houston willing to train and hire felons [ 3 Answers ]

Ex-con with 25 year old felony looking for a trucking company in houston to train and hire me. Need CDL

Small trucking companies that will train and hire felons [ 1 Answers ]

My question is how do I find a small trucking company that will train and hire felons to obtain my class a cdl?

Trucking that will hire felons [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know a trucking company that hires felons I was just cleared for my hazmat

View more questions Search