Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2014, 03:54 PM
    Tal... can we ask your wife and see what she says?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 23, 2014, 04:04 PM
    When she gets done with my foot rub, sure.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2014, 04:05 PM
    low blow smoothy
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2014, 07:09 AM
    What are they trying to hide ?
    A Health and Human Services official refused to allow a member of Congress to enter a facility in his district where some of the unaccompanied immigrant children are being housed.
    Representative Jim Bridenstine (R., Okla.) was told he could schedule an appointment for July 21. “​What are they trying to hide?” Bridenstine said after the incident. “​Do they not want the children to speak with Members of Congress? As a Navy pilot, I have been involved in operations countering illicit human trafficking. I would like to know to whom these children are being released.”
    There are 1,200 immigrant children at the base. Bridenstine’s office explained that HHS releases the children to a “sponsor” in the United States. The congressman said that a security guard at the Fort Sill, Okla., facility refused to let him enter the barracks without HHS approval even though he is a member of Congress.
    “There is no excuse for denying a federal representative from Oklahoma access to a federal facility in Oklahoma where unaccompanied children are being held,” Bridenstine said in the press release. “Any Member of Congress should have the legal authority to visit a federal youth detention facility without waiting three weeks.”
    HHS Bars Congressman from Seeing Immigrant Children | National Review Online#!
    Expert

Jul 3, 2014, 07:35 AM
    Or who are they protecting?

Sen. Inhofe, Gov. Fallin visit immigrants at Ft. Sill | www.krmg.com

We already see what repubs do after visiting process centers.
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2014, 07:48 AM
    They are finding the most infectious, contagious ones to send to the White house to pay a visit to "The Messiah".
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2014, 07:49 AM
    So the Senator and Governor are permitted to see the facility but not the Congressional Rep of the district where Fort Sill is located ? Again ,what are they hiding ? Or is it just that they are still pissed at Bridenstine for defeating the party's prefered candidate ? What is it ? He ran as a TP so now he is denied access to a Federal Base in his district ?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2014, 08:11 AM
    yep that's what you get fro being a fifth columnist
    Expert

Jul 3, 2014, 08:29 AM
    I thought Fort Sill was in the 4th district represented by Tom Cole?

Highlights of the Fourth District | Representative Tom Cole

Oklahoma's Fourth District celebrates a rich cultural and military history, as well as economic diversity and vast agricultural assets and products. The largest employers in the district include Fort Sill Army Post, Tinker Air Force Base and the University of Oklahoma.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2014, 09:56 AM
    I stand corrected . I still want to know what is their reason for denying access to a Congressional Rep on a fact finding mission.
    Expert

Jul 3, 2014, 10:14 AM
    Nice spin but we all know repubs on a fact finding mission just want face time to blast Obama and he is a known blaster even more so than the repubs who went already and maybe HHS wants to avoid more right wing abuse of CHILDREN for political hollering points.

'Send them back!' California town continues immigrant protests after blocking buses - NY Daily News

Immigration advocates and some from local churches have joined the crowds of protesters to voice their pleas for leniency and compassion.
    “Even though you're seeing on TV and the public so much outburst of anti-immigrant feelings, I think there are a lot of people that want to respond and have compassionate hearts," Tina Nicholas, who oversees Mercy ministries at Centerpoint Church in Murrieta, told the Los Angeles Times.
    The only thing missing from this disgusting display of conservative hate are dogs and water hoses. "What could they be hiding " Indeed. "fact finding" my A$$!!
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2014, 10:17 AM
    Its obvious... Dems resort to this tactic every time they get caught with their pants down in a room alone with the family cat.

THey are hiding something... Eric Holder is probibly providing guns to the Jr. MS-13 gang members before turning them loose on the American public.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2014, 10:28 AM
    they should be marching on Washington DC instead to protest this invasion orchestrated by the emperor.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2014, 10:52 AM
    I got an idea . Why don't we house these "migrants " in all those FEMA concentration camps that Bush was accused of building ?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 3, 2014, 12:09 PM
    Who was it blocked Bridenstine?

A volunteer of the self-dubbed “Brown Shirts” – staffers with the Baptist Family and Children Services - blocked the congressman from entering, Daily Caller reports.
    - http://www.ijreview.com/2014/07/1532...cility-hiding/

Brown Shirts? BROWN SHIRTS?! Fort Sill becomes Auschwitz?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung

Go ahead, tell me to put on a tinfoil hat.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2014, 01:35 PM
    Damn baptists.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 3, 2014, 01:51 PM
    Maybe its because there arent that many children left in the facility because they have been set loose into the general public already.

ICE: Many Immigrants Skip Court Hearings | NBC 7 San Diego

Illegal immigrants already being released to neighborhood near you | Fox News

The releases have already started and the Border Patrol did not disclose how many. At least 60,000 Central Americans have entered the country illegally this year, though some news reports say the figure is as high as 170,000. An effort is under way to place children in foster homes or with relatives already living in the U.S., said Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas.

The adults are being given a “notice to appear,” something like to a traffic ticket that requires they show up for a deportation hearing. Following that notice, they are simply being released. Those who return for the hearing will face a federal immigration judge to determine their fate.
    “You know good and well they won't show up and we won't go looking for them,” Gohmert said. “When they get their piece of paper saying report back on such a day at such a time, they take that as their legal permit to stay in the country and they go do what they want.”
    A senior Los Angeles County Sheriff's detective who routinely deals with illegal immigrants said a “massive number – 80 to 90 percent” do not show up for deportation hearings. Detention is not even being considered because Homeland Security facilities are not equipped to hold a large number of people, said the detective, who spoke on a guarantee of anonymity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sobering up do's and dont's [ 1 Answers ]

College Student 22. Needs sobering up. Looking for do's and dont's

Looking for my father-dont know his name [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for my father.He met my mother in Ayrshre Raffingora in Southern Rhodesia in 1959.I do not know his name.But I heard that he worked as a farm assistant at Best Farm in Raffingora/Ayrshire.He was about 25 years when I was born.He came from Dundee in Scotland.I heard he tried to bring me...

Dont-know-if-im-pregnant-parano [ 9 Answers ]

So me and this guy had sex a week ago and we used a condom, I don't think it broke or anything. We were really close friends and we have had sex a couple times before, but after this time, he just stopped talking to me. I am wondering why. But my body has been feeling really weird and Ive been...

I need the big DO's and DONT's for gerbils. [ 3 Answers ]

I just got 2 baby gerbils. I've done a bunch of research but every website says something different and I don't know who to trust. :confused: I need some tips on taming them, and I need to know some of the big rules when it comes to caring for gerbils. :) I've had a hamster before and I love...

View more questions Search