Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 14, 2014, 09:42 AM
    Of course former imigrants are going to hollar as they did it in a legal fashion. Why would you support such a movement that carries with it god knows what by storming the country and making demands on its current citizens. They need to send each and every one of them back to send a message to the countries of origin.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2014, 09:43 AM
    THey (our ancestors) didn't break any laws then did they... we've had laws since before the USA was the USA, its not like there wasn't any laws until 20 years ago, or last week. These trash ARE breaking current laws. And they have no respect for any other laws euther.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 14, 2014, 10:08 AM
    I just told smoothy his folks came before all these laws, and probably so did yours as many of mine did too, so because you came first you get to say who is legal and who is not. What if the laws now were the same for the new immigrants as the old ones?

Then they wouldn't even be illegal.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2014, 11:37 AM
    There was hardly any law when your ancestors came here smoothy.
    I can't speak for Smoothy ,but my ancestors did some time on Ellis Island being documented and screened for disease.
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2014, 07:19 PM
    Mind did too... they ALL arrived here after WW I from the UK and Germany, and at that time... they all came through Ellis Island.
    Expert

Jun 14, 2014, 07:51 PM
    Its funny how one set of immigrants treats other immigrants so much differently than they themselves were treated.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2014, 08:17 PM
    We found a solution and perhaps if you followed a successful solution the flow would stop.

We did two things, one we insist on offshore processing of illegal arrivals and two we return any boats to point of origin if it can be confirmed. Along with this is our insistence that if you arrive illegally you will not be allowed to settle here even if you are a refugee. The message got through after a short time and the flow stopped. This may not address the humanitarian crisis if it exists but it stops the flow
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2014, 09:07 PM
    Funny how one set of immigrants thinks the law doesn't apply to them and they are somehow above it... and no its not a side effect of speaking the spanish language (at least thats the lions share here in the USA).
    Expert

Jun 15, 2014, 05:04 AM
    It's a simple thing to change the law, since it was changed after you got here to keep undesirables out, by making what they have always done illegal. But what would one expect from the example of immigrants who wrote all men are created equal except certain ones who were defined as less than men. We seem to have a history of making exceptions and obstacles, for the less than.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2014, 05:05 AM
    smoothy desperate people do desperate things and so your PR has to be greater than those who lie and exploit them. Illegal immigration is a criminal activity it isn't just poor people crossing a border and whether it is the US, Europe or Australia, the tale is the same, take the enabliers out of the equation and the flow stops. In Europe they havn't stopped them because they are not sending them back. In the US you have to catch them and you have the population of a small country who are illegal and sympathetic. Stop enabling them, stop employing them, but here we have stopped them because they know that they can no longer succeed. They become very angry when they learn how they were decieved by the criminals
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2014, 06:31 AM
    But what would one expect from the example of immigrants who wrote all men are created equal except certain ones who were defined as less than men.
    I will try AGAIN to explain to you that the 3/5th compromise was a way to dilute the influence that the slave states have in the Republic. On second thought ...why bother ? We are destined to see you post this lie about the clause whenever it suits your purpose to diminish the founders of this country .
    Expert

Jun 15, 2014, 07:53 AM
    Long after the founding fathers have compromised we are still dealing with all men are created equal except who they say is not.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2014, 09:25 AM
    again, you are making it up . Our immigration laws favor minority admission.
    Expert

Jun 15, 2014, 10:28 AM
    Our immigration laws favor cheap labor, and corporate interest. Even you have admitted the disparity in the process over time.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2014, 11:30 AM
    The haters are out in full force on this father's day. Sad indeed.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2014, 02:26 PM
    Our immigration laws favor cheap labor, and corporate interest. Even you have admitted the disparity in the process over time.
    I'd say it's your position on immigration that favor that . I am in favor of restricting immigration to numbers that don't encourage cheap labor .. You not so much. How can you say you're a proponent of African American labor when you openly encourage unrestricted cheap labor entering the country ? Yeah the Chamber of Commerce favors it as do big business. But we've already established that Big Business contributes mightily to the Democrat coffers .
    The perception is that the Dems have the monopoly on empathy and caring for minority rights . But that is a cruel illusion. If you examine their polices instead of listening to their speeches ,that becomes quite clear .3 members of the US Civil Rights Commission said that a Senate bill to give amnesty would disproportionately hurt African Americans.
    "Illegal immigration to the United States in recent decades has tended to depress both wages and employment rates for low-skilled American citizens, a disproportionate number of whom are black men," ..."Expert economic opinions concerning the negative effects range from modest to significant. Those panelists that found modest effects overall nonetheless found significant effects in industry sectors such as meatpacking and construction."
    https://www.numbersusa.com/content/f...tter042013.pdf
    .................................................. ................................
    NK as usual you contribute nothing to the debate ..
    Expert

Jun 15, 2014, 02:57 PM
    My immigration stance doesn't depress wages, corporations do, and after running all over the world to get cheap labor it would make no difference what the immigration policy was. So lets not confuse the lust of profits with a living wage or even the fantasy of entry level wages when there is a depressed job market. That's just what you get when corporations are people too, and can write law for the government.

Bet Cantor makes more money being a lobbyist than he did being a lawmaker. Oh that's right he made no laws, just obstructed laws that benefited middle class, main street victims, who got robbed and mugged by big money during the financial crisis.

And just for facts the drug war and stop and frisk hurts minorities a lot more than fair immigration policy. The financial melt down hurt minorities more than a fair immigration policy. The rising cost of every darn thing hurts all the middle class people that have had no raise in a decade. Subsidizing the labor costs and taxes of multibillion dollar companies is what hurts the working poor. You want people to worker harder and make the boss more money, then talk about how lazy and worthless they are.

That's what wrong with republicans nowadays. And that who hurt minorities and hard working people EVERYWHERE.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2014, 03:00 PM
    NK as usual you contribute nothing to the debate ..
    Don't care, I post what I want. The righties here are a broken record of "blame all ills on liberals".
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2014, 04:19 PM
    My immigration stance doesn't depress wages, corporations do, and after running all over the world to get cheap labor it would make no difference what the immigration policy was. So lets not confuse the lust of profits with a living wage or even the fantasy of entry level wages when there is a depressed job market. That's just what you get when corporations are people too, and can write law for the government.
    one cliché talking point after another .. you are a broken record.
    Bet Cantor makes more money being a lobbyist than he did being a lawmaker. Oh that's right he made no laws, just obstructed laws that benefited middle class, main street victims, who got robbed and mugged by big money during the financial crisis
    I favor his ousting . He was just another big government representative.
    stop and frisk hurts minorities
    complete nonsense . The facts get in the way of your screed . Here is the headlines since the commie mayor ended stop and frisk.
    Shootings in some of the city's most dangerous neighborhoods are up this year over last, NYPD figures show - NY Daily News

Those are the minority neighborhoods that have seen the increase in blood shed . More evidence that the left don't give a damn about minorities. 43 % increase in shootings since stop and frisk ended as a policy .
    You want people to worker harder and make the boss more money, then talk about how lazy and worthless they are.
    You have never seen those words in my posts .
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 15, 2014, 04:26 PM
    Tal, your "fair immigration policies" are just as ineffective as Tom's "restricting immigration" because neither viewpoint addresses the cause of the problem. The INS has made it impossible for legal immigration applications to be processed in any sort of reasonable amount of time. The 10 year figure officially used is reasonable, except that filing the application now takes three years, getting it accepted now takes another two (unlawfully, it's supposed to be accepted if no action is taken within 90 days), and the whole process starts from zero if a comma is misplaced or an accent mark faces the wrong way. Tal can argue that Govcorp has designed the process to not work that way and Tom can argue that the bloated bureaucracy has made the legitimate process untenable. You'd both be correct, but the current legal process is causing the illegal one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sobering up do's and dont's [ 1 Answers ]

College Student 22. Needs sobering up. Looking for do's and dont's

Looking for my father-dont know his name [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for my father.He met my mother in Ayrshre Raffingora in Southern Rhodesia in 1959.I do not know his name.But I heard that he worked as a farm assistant at Best Farm in Raffingora/Ayrshire.He was about 25 years when I was born.He came from Dundee in Scotland.I heard he tried to bring me...

Dont-know-if-im-pregnant-parano [ 9 Answers ]

So me and this guy had sex a week ago and we used a condom, I don't think it broke or anything. We were really close friends and we have had sex a couple times before, but after this time, he just stopped talking to me. I am wondering why. But my body has been feeling really weird and Ive been...

I need the big DO's and DONT's for gerbils. [ 3 Answers ]

I just got 2 baby gerbils. I've done a bunch of research but every website says something different and I don't know who to trust. :confused: I need some tips on taming them, and I need to know some of the big rules when it comes to caring for gerbils. :) I've had a hamster before and I love...

View more questions Search