Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jblakely Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2014, 11:41 AM
    Bremerhaven germany military base
    How can I obtain my birth certificate if I was born on Bremerhaven Germany military hospital?
    Craftymoods21 Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Jun 25, 2014, 07:07 PM
    I would call the office of the hospital and ask what the procedure was to obtain your certified birth certificate. Commonly in America, to obtain your birth certificate it would be in a department of some sort (like Human Services for example) of the state/city that you were born in and they call both birth, death, etc. certified documents; vital records. If calling the hospital gets you nowhere; I would look into the base's military background, it sounds like a US base, if it is, I would research and try calling an american office/department that handles records or official business with US military hospitals. I'm sure there is more information to be given, but this is right off the top of my head. Let me know if any of this works. Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2014, 01:22 AM
    A lot to assume?
    Are you American, and were both your parents American.

This was a Army Air Field and it closed in 1993, so you will not be able to get any hospital records.

The military should have filed birth records so checking with the military would be my first stop.

After that, I would also contact the US Secretary of State office, since at least now, they record all births that happen over seas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoplifting on a military base [ 1 Answers ]

I was given a violation of shoplifting makeup ($22) from the PX on base. They took my mil Id and said I can't go in the Px for 6 months. They gave me a violation slip with a court date on it and I'm wondering if there will be further punishment in court. If so what will it be. I know there is a...

Bremerhaven army base [ 1 Answers ]

I was stationed in Bremerhaven Germany and would like to visit this summer. I understand the base is closed but can I still visit the area? What is it now?

US Army Hospital in Bremerhaven, Germany on Facebook [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter was born in a US Army Base Hospital in Bremerhaven, Germany in 1971. Her parents were both US Citizens with the father being a military serviceman (Navy). Does she still have dual citizenship almost 40 years later in both Germany and the USA?

I left the Military in July 2010 I am now living in Germany How do I claim Taxes 2011 [ 1 Answers ]

I got out of active duty in July of 2010 stationed out of Germany. I am now residing in Germany till my children get out of German school.What is the easiest way to claim

Possession of marijuana on military base [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I was given my ticket on May 30th for possession of a small amount of marijuana and on a US military base, absolute huge mistake. It is July 08 and I am waiting on my summons, but I will be out of town from July 14th to July 30th. My question is: how much time would the federal court...

View more questions Search