Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Worriedaboutlewis Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Apr 5, 2007, 02:59 AM
    4th Stage Lung Cancer
    Hi there

A very good friend of mine has told me that his Mother has 4th stage lung cancer - can anyone out there tell me what is the prediction on how long she has left in this world??

Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 03:43 AM
    Fourth stage is the most advanced form of lung cancer. 0 to 1 is the beginning. By the fourth stage you can only hope the person is comfortable and cared for; this is the stage in which it spreads to other parts of the body. Can't say how long that person has, but the doctor should be able to predict.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 07:55 AM
    The family really should know the outcome of the fourth stage, it is best to be prepared for any eventuality. I am sure it would benefit her as well, then she can be made as comfortable as possible. Maybe they can do something for her that she has always wanted to do, a trip, or whatever. This really doesn't have to be the most depressing time ever you know, for her or for any other family member.
    Worriedaboutlewis Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Apr 11, 2007, 01:28 AM
    Thank you again for your reply - they still have not asked the question I have tried to speak with my friend I just think they are all in denial at the moment - but at some stage they will have to come to terns with it and as you say it does not have to be the most depressing time - they can make it a good time for her and for them - so they can have the wonderful memories when she eventually does pass away - thank you again
    jt1960 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 02:07 PM
    I was in the 4th stage 4 yrs ago. By the grace of God I am doing great!! Do not give up. Tammy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cancer of neck Stage 4 [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here , I'm crasping at straws at this stage of the game but thought what the heck. I was diagnosed about 3 months ago and it has been a real roller coster ride. I'm not going into a lot of detail, just going to tell you what I'm taking as alternative. MSM PAU d'ARCO TEA 4-5 CUPS A...

Changing 2 stage manual thermostat to 1 stage programmable [ 3 Answers ]

All wires match up except the RED wire (previously connected to "R") and the blue wire (previously connected to "C") on an manual white-rodgers thermostat (type 1f58w-58 2 stage heat/cool). On the programmable white-rodgers thermostat (type 1f78-151 single stage) I only have one open terminal and...

White rogers thermostat 2 stage heat 1 stage cool [ 6 Answers ]

Anyonw know how to hook this up with a dpdt relay There is 5 wires , outdoor heat for stage 1 heat , propane gas for stage 2 hear Thanks For any help :confused:

White rogers thermostat 2 stage heat 1 stage cool [ 1 Answers ]

What is the right wiring to hook the WHITE ROGERS 80 SERIES thermostat up ( 1F82-261)? I have a outdoor wood burner dlowing hear to a exchanger in the ducts , and I have propand gas as a back up sorce The furnace is a coleman evecon ( 94 model) with ac (up draft) I think I had the wiring...

View more questions Search