Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stephcamp90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2014, 06:49 PM
    Swelling after oral surgery
    I received oral surgery 36 hours ago to remove 3 wisdom teeth and 1 infected tooth. In the last 36 hours, my face has swelled on the left side and has become very warm and itchy. It is also bruised, which are all common from what I have read. However, the swelling is making it's way down my neck and throat, becoming very irritable. It is difficult for me to swallow without pain. I have used ice day and night since surgery and have been taking pain medicine and antibiotics as directed without missing a dose. Is this something I should visit my local ER about, or is this also common and will subside as the hours progress?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 10, 2014, 07:31 PM
    All the oral surgeon office. While it may be normal, the issue with swallowing may need to be looked at.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swelling after surgery [ 0 Answers ]

Yesterday I had abdominal laproscopic surgery and today my face and eyes are ver swollen. Is this normal? I can't find any information online about facial swelling after this type of procedure.

Oral surgery(dental) [ 1 Answers ]

How much can I expect to pay in Texas for having a tooth oraly removed? Rear tooth on bottom.

Oral Surgery costs [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find out how much it would cost to get my wisdom teeth removed... two of them are still under the gums and growing in at an angle, so they would have to be surgically removed, but the other two have broken the surface. My insurance pays 80% which is cool, but that 20% could still be a...

Lost voice after oral surgery? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband had 3 surgical extractions done on the 2nd of Aug. (of wisdom teeth). He was under IV sedation. He has had trouble healing in general from this (still nowhere near where he should be, healing wise), and has a rather strange problem since the surgery... he has pretty much lost his voice....

Oral Surgery [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 27 yr olf female and I have had 3 wisdom teeth tooken out when I was younger. Well the one the dentist did not remove is now bothering me bad. I have insurance but does not cover oral surgery so I was wondering does anyone know of an oral surgeon in the Baltimore, Maryland area that has a...

View more questions Search