Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vasvar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2014, 03:20 PM
    Nutrition Facts:
    Are the ingredients listed under "Nutrition Facts" on products per container, or per serving?

Example: Sugar -- 20 grams
    Fat -- 15%
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 10, 2014, 04:26 PM
    It is per serving. It clearly says that at the top of the label.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 10, 2014, 04:32 PM
    Typically it is measured by serving not container.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2014, 06:35 PM
    Also, important to look at how much a serving size is. Often, people eat or drink more than what an actual serving size is.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 11, 2014, 07:56 AM
    Also realize that there isn't a set guide to what is a servering. A lot of packaging put what they think is reasonable and not what is actually consumed. Take certain bottles of pop or bags of chips.

There is a lot to take into consideration when looking at those.
    boron Posts: 38, Reputation: 5

Jun 30, 2014, 01:32 PM
    It can be per serving or per 100 grams and it should be clearly noted on the label.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 30, 2014, 02:04 PM
    Honestly though, who's ever had a single serving of chips? Most people will just demolish the entire bag. Half of it is marketing. For example, a light product has to have less than .5g of oil per serving or something ridiculious like that, but if your serving size is 0.5g on a cooking oil than any filler you add will reduce it so you can have a light cooking oil even though you're consuming essentially the same stuff.

It is one thing to read it, but to understand it and know what it really means might take a while longer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nutrition [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a pretty active 42 yr old and I LOVE meat. But is 3 eggs, bacon and steak to much protein for breakfast?

Nutrition [ 0 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I've recently started boxing. I've had two fights and I train 5 - 6 days per week. It's going really well and I feel great. I wondered if there are any boxers or anyone with any knowledge on nutrition who could give me advice on my diet. Maybe a typical boxer's daily menu...

Nutrition facts for Wendys single and chili [ 1 Answers ]

How many calories, fat grams, and dietary fiber is in a Single hamburger without cheese or mayo, catsup, or mustard; and the same for a small chili? I am a diabetic watching my calorie and fat intake and I love Wndey's Singles and chili. Thank you.

Nutrition [ 4 Answers ]

What level of calories would you recommend for a guy in his mid-forties, minimally active, who must lose weight ?

Nutrition [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My question goes thus ,is vulture a saprophyte and why .please be elaborate. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search