Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BlackheartBfmv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2014, 02:52 PM
    Acoustic Trauma : is it temporary ?
    So this morning I went to the doctor and had my ears checked. He said that I have acoustic trauma and that I should never use my headset again. He gave me an audiogram and that said that I can't hear 4000 hertz at 20 decibel (which according to the doctor is what I should be able to hear) and I was able to hear 4.000 hertz at 25 decibel instead. So this killed me a little bit inside cause when I'm at my computer I use my headset so I can chat or play with others online. I would like to know if this is permanent or its temporary, if its going to heal over time or if I need a treatment for it. Please answer me I felt really sad and stressed about it... I need serious answers if someone really knows anythign about it please share your knowledge with me cause I feel really really bad.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 10, 2014, 02:55 PM
    I'm sorry to say that this is permanent.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 10, 2014, 02:58 PM
    Did you ask him these questions? He would know the answers.

From my personal knowledge of relatives who were/are hard of hearing, this doesn't heal. It's permanent and can get worse. Hearing aids were my relatives' solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acoustic guitar [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking at a number of acoustic guitars for sale. Im deciding between Ibanez, yamaha, and fender, all around the 300 dollar range. Please let me know what you think and what brand is the best quality.

Beginner Acoustic Guitar [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a decent starter guitar? I'm looking to spend $100-150 on something. I've never played, but have had an interest in learning for many years. I've noticed several guitars at Guitar Center in my price range, but can't seem to identify from their...

Info on electric acoustic [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning on getting an elec. Acoustic guitar- can I plug that into my regular amp? I have a line 6 spyder III... or iif not I do have a mixer which I have my mic plugged in-- think would work

Acoustic guitar chords [ 4 Answers ]

I want to find a free site where I can print of guitar chords. I am taking online lessons but can't find anywhere that has the guitar chords so I can print off and refer to them later if needed. Can anyone help please bless you if you do.

Acoustic guitar [ 3 Answers ]

Helloooo Does anyone know any good acoustic guitars that are good for beginners but aren't too pricey?

View more questions Search