Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Selva Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 02:48 AM
    Darker Neck
    Hi,
    My neck is very darker than my normal skin color.This is developed right from my teenage.The dark circles are in my back neck and in the front of my neck.But the skin color of my jaws or upper back or normal.So it is looking different.Can you suggest any treatment if I should take any or any home medicines I can take.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 6, 2007, 05:37 PM
    I recommend using a moisturizer with a sunscreen every day to help prevent a worsening of the uneven skin. As to lightening the darker area, there are over-the-counter bleaching creams and lotions that will slightly lighten the discoloration. If you don't see results from the over-the-counter products, you will need to consult with a dermatologist about prescription treatments to lighten the uneveness.
    1atreu Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Selva
    Hi,
    My neck is very darker than my normal skin color.This is developed right from my teenage.The dark circles are in my back neck and in the front of my neck.But the skin color of my jaws or upper back or normal.So it is looking different.Can you suggest any treatment if i should take any or any home medicines i can take.
    I would suggest you try methimazole. It is used for post inflamitory hyperpigmentation. And you can purchase it at depig.com.
    Good luck, I hope everything works out all right.
    Selva Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Thanks prettylady and 1atreu... will try it
    valey Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 09:49 PM
    Hi, my neck used to be SO DARK. I'm a black girl but I have a very light skin and believe me when I say that my neck color was BLACK, I mean like the color black of my hair! I have all my old pictures to prove it. It was horrible. It lasted all my childhood up until 5 years ago when I was 20 years old I finally discovered a remedy. You really have to use RETIN-A (TRETINOIN) cream , along with any skin lightener. TRUST ME, if you are desperate like I was, try it. Retin-a cream is powerful enough to renew you skin at a very deep level and will allow any skin lightner to work. Prior to this, I was using skin lightening products in vain. Usually you need a prescription for retin-a cream but I get mine online without a prescription at xlpharmacy.com. A darker neck is a very difficult hyperpigmentation case so you will need something strong enough like retin-a to cure it.
    DISCOLOREDFREAK Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 07:22 PM
    I'm going through the same thing. My condition cleared up when my dermatologist prescribed me hydroquine 4% and chemical peels. However, the darkness returned once I stopped getting chemical peels and ran out of hydroquine.
    valey Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 01:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DISCOLOREDFREAK
    I'm going through the same thing. My condition cleared up when my dermatologist prescribed me hydroquine 4% and chemical peels. However, the darkness returned once I stopped getting chemical peels and ran out of hydroquine.
    Yes the problem is you will have to continue any treatment for life. Now I maintain my neck color with a new routine I have created. I wash my skin, then I use a product called maxi-peel exfoliant 3 ( which contain tretinoin and hydroquinone 4g),it's a liquid that I put on a cotton ball and scrub the skin you can see all the excess melanin coming out, the cotton ball will become so black! I buy maxi-peel on eBay. Then I put the retin-a cream in small quantity and try to spread it as much as I can. Now as a skin lightener I use Fair & Flawless 5xf Body Lightening Gel to finish. This gel is expensive but its worth it. The 2 oz will last you for a long time if you use it for your neck only. This bleaching routine is the strongest I have ever use in my life, and trust me I've tried them all. My neck became so light that it was now lighter than any other part of my body even my face. I had to use a little of the fair&flawless gel on my face to make them look the same and now I am too light. Not a day goes by without somebody asking me (not even asking, the assume: you're mixed right!) They say I am half white and when I say I'm not they're surprised. I became almost white so I had to reduce my dosage of everything and only use my 3 products routine 2 or 3 times a week(out of 7 days) but that's because I maintain at first it was more frequent. So this is the first time I shared my secret. The only reason I did is because I know how hard it is to have a darker neck and I was always wearing turlteneck sweater all the time. NOT ANYMORE! At one point I even tried monobenzone (yes I was that desperate) but forget it it BURNS SO MUCH! OMG! It was hell for me pure torture! Now I have great results without the pain!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Darker skin from shaving [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am an African American male and my problem is twofold. First, the places where I shave on my face have gotten darker (discoloration)and I would like to get that skin lighter so that is matches the rest of my face. I also have some dark Spots on my nose. WHich products could help...

Trying to dy blonde hair to a darker color [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I am sick of being blonde so I am going to dye my hair dark. My brows are dark my hair is blonde is it okay to dye my hair the color of my eye brows? I am going for an emo look any advice

Darker skin [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very pale skin colour that is very annoying to me. Can anyone suggest any methods to darken my skin colour, other than getting a sun tan because I don't tend to go brown when I'm out in the sun?

Darker Hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hi!My hair is dark brown, but when I wash it, It turns blackish.Why?:confused:

View more questions Search