Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RenayB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2014, 11:48 PM
    Birth, Control, Accidents & Pregnancy
    I'm 18 , I started using birth control 3 weeks ago.. I started the both control the week after my last period but the fist week I started taking the pill my boyfriend confessed that he didn't pull out and we weren't using protection.. The next week I had another period that lasted for 8 days.. I really don't knew what to do.. Would the birth control be effective after only 1 week and why did I have two periods in the same month and why did my last period last 8 days that has never happened .
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 10, 2014, 01:25 AM
    No the pill would not have any effect after one week. Not sure why additional bleeding.
    You will need to just wait and see if you get next months period.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 10, 2014, 01:32 AM
    Birth control can cause changes in your menstrual cycle. Some women experience constant bleeding. The pill can cause extra periods, especially in the first month or two while your body gets used to the added hormones.

If you're worried, take a home pregnancy test. It can take up to a week for the hormone levels from the pill to build up enough to be effective, so pregnancy isn't impossible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy & Birth control [ 0 Answers ]

I Start Depo March 26 2013 . I Had Unprotected Sex April 16 2013 , I Been Having Pregnancy Symptoms & Spotting On And Off For 3 Days . Could I Be Pregnant ?

Birth Control & Plan B [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! After I finished my period (August 12) I waited about 2 weeks to start my birth control again (I've been on it for almost a year). I started it August 26th. I've been taking it every night, not at the exact time but within 9-11:30 p.m. also I haven't missed one pill. I had unprotected sex...

Diet pills & birth control [ 0 Answers ]

I'm thinking of taking raspberry ketone & I've been on the depo shot. Will the ketone diet pills affect with the deop shot? The effectiveness?

Birth control & antibiotics [ 1 Answers ]

I am on minocycline, an antibiotic for my face. Does this antibiotic make my birth control less effective? Minocycline is tetracycline based. Am I at risk for pregnancy?

View more questions Search