Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amardeepmannu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2014, 09:08 AM
    Negative effects by being unfavored on me
    Hello to all community, this is amardeep. I am 23 years old facing extremely unacceptable difficulties for a long time for 5 years. I am the elder one in my family with two siblings. I have been in dysfunctional family relationship of parents since I was born. And bad time had been on me after I was get failed in my B Com part 1 due to family conflicts and sense of feeling financially insecure. MY FATHER has treated me as much as he could but in 2008 and after that he has got insolvent in business and consistently getting downfalls and now he is completely unsupportive to me and my family.

My mother for a long is an extremely abusive mother to me. At present if I want to read by my own my mother here also doesn't support me. She wants that "I should give her whatever I earn whether it is for my own or not". But to my younger brother she is careful for him and wants to build his career. She doesn't care what though if I am not being treated as like my brother how I live socially if I will not study and will not have financial savings for backup.

As per my long time experience it was of no use if I sacrifice all my desires for my family and I have approached to this conclusion after a deep survey in my family.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 9, 2014, 09:29 AM
    This is often the case in many culture where the son is held higher than a daughter and poverty makes people desperate. Right or wrong you cannot ignore the fact that they see him having more earning power than you and depend on it since your father cannot. Obviously, neither can your mother. This leaves you in the position of being stuck and dependent with no real means of your own.

This may not seem fair but lack of money leaves few options, and failing your course work for whatever reason, helps no one, not even yourself, just made it worse. I can only suggest you hide what you can from what you earn for yourself and any future opportunities to make a better life for yourself.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Jun 9, 2014, 05:18 PM
    Amardeep! You are right you need to study, you need financial backup for your future! And as you said 'after long survey you reached the conclusion that your sacrifices is of no use', I don't know why they treat you like that but I would say that you have done what you could do, now just focus on what "YOU'' want to do in your life for yourself! I would say that make money and pay for your studies and rest of the money save it for the future if you want but if you still want to give your mother your earnings, don't give full, just give very little portion of your earnings, if they don't realize what you do then, you don't feel bad even if you don't give them. People in this world think about themselves first then others, so don't feel bad, infact think this way even though they did bad to u, you still give them the "very little' portion of your earning at least(only if u want to give, if not that's OK too). But you still love them, and be with them how you were. But this time you act responsibly for your own life!
    All the best!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has there been any negative effects? [ 3 Answers ]

I haven't started to bleach yet, but I just want to know what to expect when I first do it? I know everyone's skin is different. But what happened when you first tried it? I'm going to be using Retin A then 4% HQ. Doesn't HQ make your skin sensitive to the sun and cause skin cancer if you...

Worried about negative side effects [ 17 Answers ]

I am cautiously about to use the Bio Clair products i.e oil soap and lotion. I have very dark skin from my neck up with seriously dark skin on by cheeks but the rest of my body is fair. About three years ago I gained over 60 lbs and I observed my face and neck darkening. I have lost the weight but...

Does Ibuprofen have negative side effects? [ 3 Answers ]

Does ibuprofen have bad side effects if taken on a daily basis? I have been taking it for about a month on a daily basis, and I've been experiencing some nausea and upset stomach from time to time. A friend told me experiencing irritates the stomach lining, is there any truth to this information?

Negative Effects of Heightism [ 8 Answers ]

Heightism is judging someone negativly based on their height. Similar to judging people on being overweight, coloured, foreign etc. How best to deal with this in relationship, as women prefer the taller guy !

View more questions Search