Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheNatureGirl Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2014, 07:39 PM
    What are the four main types of wild pig?
    I am writing a book for school about wild pigs. In the beginning I want to include the 4 main species that exist. I can't seem to find them online; maybe my wording is bad... But is there anyone who could please help me? I really need those species:-) thanks!
    TheNatureGirl
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 7, 2014, 07:55 PM
    Who told you there are four species?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jun 8, 2014, 05:11 AM
    Have you searched for the family name "Suidae"?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 8, 2014, 05:30 AM
    Easy. Mean, nasty, ugly, and dangerous.

Jun 8, 2014, 08:40 AM
    Well Wondergirl, I went to this website called a-z-animals.com and it said since the animal easily cross breeds, it is broken down into four main species. I thought this would be true... Are there any different species of wild pig?
    TheNatureGirl
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2014, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNatureGirl View Post
    Well Wondergirl, I went to this website called a-z-animals.com and it said since the animal easily cross breeds, it is broken down into four main species. I thought this would be true... Are there any different species of wild pig?
    TheNatureGirl
    I looked at several Wikipedia articles about pigs and wild pigs. Please reread Cat1864's comment again.

***Added*** I just read the Pig article two times (a-z animals) and didn't read anything about four different pig species.

Jun 8, 2014, 03:45 PM
    Sorry, the animal was "wild boar" on a-z-animals.com. The first stanza says it. I am not allowed to use wiki as a source, since anyone can post info on it. I have tried searching Suidae. What came up now is that there are 16 species... I still haven't found their names.
    TheNatureGirl
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2014, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNatureGirl View Post
    Sorry, the animal was "wild boar" on a-z-animals.com. The first stanza says it. I am not allowed to use wiki as a source, since anyone can post info on it. I have tried searching Suidae. What came up now is that there are 16 species... I still haven't found their names.
    TheNatureGirl
    I found something. Search "wild boar four species" (without quote marks). Look at the sites that pop up.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2014, 05:53 PM
    Male, female... adult and juvenile?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you route your hot wires in main load center when main switch has both lugs on [ 1 Answers ]

When the main breaker in your load center has both lugs on the same side, can you route your two hot wires up the same side of your main load center?

You can put lipstick on a pig... it's still a pig. [ 84 Answers ]

How low and pathetic. I can guess in advance that he will say that he was not referring to Palin. But smart folk will know this is not true. If Palin would have never made the lipstick comment, then Obama would never have said what he did. FPd4yk0x-eg

Wild, wild west. [ 3 Answers ]

A cowboy rode into town and stopped at a saloon for a drink. Unfortunately, the locals had a habit of picking on strangers. So when he finished his drink, he found his horse had been stolen. He went back into the bar, handily flipped his gun into the air, caught it above his head and fired a shot...

View more questions Search