Ask
    rifasmzm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2014, 06:34 AM
    What is network
    What is computer network
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 10, 2014, 08:53 AM
    That is a broad question. In the most general of terms networking refers to connecting computers together. The means of this varies but the most common is through Ethernet protocols via wired or wireless adapters in the computer, but can be through serial, parallel, fire wire (1394), fibre optic, co-ax, blue tooth, and many more.

The common use of the terms often refers to linking computers to the internet as well as an intranet to allow for sharing online and locally.

What in specific do you want to know?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2014, 09:01 AM
    "Broad question" is the understatement of the year... Volume after volume have been written on the subject on top of it being an entire job field on its own.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 10, 2014, 09:52 AM
    A group of computers and computing devices linked together to share resources.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to control network traffic over a shared internet connection in a home network [ 4 Answers ]

I have just setup a LAN at home with the following specifications: A wireless router (linksys wrt120n) connected by an ethernet cable to a desktop server. Desktop server running Windows Server 2008 R2, no antivirus or third party firewall installed yet. Clients on this network are...

Map out e network of friendship and analyze it using the terms of network analysis [ 1 Answers ]

Map out a network of friendship and analyze it using the terms of network analysis. Are there any weak ties? If so what are their relatives strenghs? How have these situations possibly resolved themselves? How embedded is your network? Do structural holes exist?

Mapping network drive over wired/wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have a problem and have been looking for an answer for a week or two now. I hope someone here can help me because it's hard for our business to function without this mapped drive. Here's the deal. I manage my company's network, which was until recently shared between two buildings by...

My laptop will not connect to my wireless network(says none available)network isgood [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop will not connect to my wireless network (says none available) network is good I have another that is working fine. I

Not on college network, my computer says it cannot detect wireless network?Belkin [ 2 Answers ]

I took my Dell laptop with me to college and used a cable to hook it up in the dorm. When I came back for the holidays my parents had gotten a new wireless card (BELKIN) for their laptop but said that they didn't change anything else. My computer used to run wireless at this home and my parents...

View more questions Search