Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2014, 01:45 PM
    Time Share
    Maybe I have been misinformed . Sister-In Law said they finally paid off their time share, just pay monthly maintenance. They live in New Jersey.

I thought time shares were for 99 years and you never get title ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2014, 02:18 PM
    You can't get title because you don't actually own it... you only own rights to a certain week or two block every year to use it.

Meaning you can pay off your obligation... and be left with your monthly fees, but there is no title to transfer because there are a LOT of other people who also own shares in it.

Consider it more like a lease....than a purchace.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 6, 2014, 02:23 PM
    Sounds like she has a "deeded" timeshare, in which case she owns 1/52 (or whatever) of the property. This is different than a "non-deeded" timeshare, which is more like a club memebership that gives you the right to use the property for certain time periods but you don't actually own anything.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2014, 03:37 PM
    Very Good. They finally paid it off $25,000.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 6, 2014, 05:13 PM
    There are two types of time share properties, deeded and undeeded. In a deeded time share you own the share, it can be left to heirs, just like any real piece of property. An undeeded share has a time limit. At some point the share expires. So it does sound like they have a deeded share. I have both types.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time share sale [ 1 Answers ]

I filed for Divorce in March when my wife left me because I have ADDISON'S Diease,I have a Time Share the Judge has Orderd to be sold.And we go before the Judge to order my Wife to sign the Contracte,So I can afford a Lawyer, The Time Share is being sold for 22,500.I will get half and need a Lawyer.

Time Share Fraud [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, my husband and I purchased a time share in Hilton Head South Carolina from RCI Coral Resorts/ Island Links under certain benefits told to us, that in the last couple of months we are finding to be complete lies. (1) that we would not be billed a maintenance fee for a year from the time we start...

Time Share [ 4 Answers ]

My parents own a Time Share They have both Died. No one in my family wants it . It is way over due on fees. Can I just forget about it and let the company repo it? Can they come after me for my parents fees? They have called me and offered to let me transfer it back to them but first they say I...

Time share [ 1 Answers ]

I own a Time Share in Florida, I stay in Michigan. I have been paying Maintenance Fee's and Taxes since about 1998. Can these fee's and taxes be claimed on my Federal Income Taxes, or how can I claim what I've paid down there. Thanks Thorn

View more questions Search